Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Mitsubishi-Forums.com > Mitsubishi Models > L300, L400, Delica, Exceed & Starwagon Forum
Mitsubishi-Forums.com - The UNOFFICIAL Mitsubishi Community This site is NOT affiliated in any way with Mitsubishi or any of it's subsidiaries. Our goal is to provide Mitsubishi owners an information outlet - a means to communicate with other Mitsubishi owners. It is simply a community where fans and owners can get the right information for tuning, customization and general discussions on anything about Mitsubishi. You'll find the answer to almost any question about your Mitsubishi in this site. If not, simply join and ask! We have many willing expert members just waiting to answer your questions.

Mitsubishi-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mitsubishi Motors.

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Do you like Mitsubishi-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Fuel Gauge Ohms
Philip J Fry
post Feb 13 2013, 01:15 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 67,142
Drives: 1994 Mitsubishi Express L300 (2.0L Carb Petrol/LPG), 1996 Mitsubishi Delica Exceed (2.8L Turbo Diesel)

Just wondering if anybody knows what the ohm range of the factory fuel gauge is? I've just recently had lpg installed, but at the moment I don't have a fuel gauge for it, due to me not wanting an led gauge. I'm wanting to wire it to the factory gauge with a switch to switch between pet and lpg, just need to know whether the sender in the tank is compatible. Otherwise I might just buy a 0-90 Ohm gauge of ebay.
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
Philip J Fry
post Feb 15 2013, 06:42 PM
Post #2

Drives: 1994 Mitsubishi Express L300 (2.0L Carb Petrol/LPG), 1996 Mitsubishi Delica Exceed (2.8L Turbo Diesel)

Anyone?

QuoteReply
94STAR
post Feb 24 2013, 06:14 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 81,277
Drives: 94 Starwagon Auto and a couple of Mazdas

Got no idea Philip, however please tell all about the LPG conversion, I assumed the only economic time to do a conversion was when the vehicle was new to allow lots of time to recoup the expense, time is not on the side of our 19 year old vans.

How is the performance on gas?

Did you manage to locate parts from the wrecker to to it economically ?

QuoteReply
Philip J Fry
post Apr 17 2013, 08:34 PM
Post #4

Yes parts where second hand, mostly a factory gas setup from an old falcon panel van my father in law had. I helped him install it, over the course of one weekend, all in it cost about $100 bucks (he is a certified lpg installer) if it wasn't for that I wouldn't have done it, has I've been able to do it stupidly cheap. It runs pretty well for the most part, tank holds about 63 litres, and I get about 400-500 out of that, It is currently setup up on the lean side, power is adequate for normal day to day driving, will sit happily on 110ks but takes a little while to get to that speed, if I'm towing or have a decent load on board, I have to switch to petrol, I also switch over to petrol if I want to overtake, or enter the highway, then switch back to gas. It backfires like crap when the engine is cold and you try and push it past about 2k rpm, I either let it idle and warm up, or I just start on petrol and take off then switch to gas once engine is warmed up. Apart from the install of the fuel system, nothing else had been altered on the motor.

If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask.

QuoteReply
94STAR
post Jun 20 2013, 06:40 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 81,277
Drives: 94 Starwagon Auto and a couple of Mazdas

Thanks for that info Philip, I see from the fuel economy thread that your is a 94 auto like my Starwagon, 307,000km on my clock now, 20,000 on the motor rebuild. I have had my eye on the weber carb kit from a place up the sunshine coast, supposedly improves the economy and performance. I fitted a pod filter from repco and that also seemed to allow better breathing. I usually see my fuel light coming on anywhere between 270 - 330 km depending on city or highway mix of drive

QuoteReply
  Advanced Search
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Mitsubishi listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Fuel Pump Leaking Oil Again
6 94STAR 899 1st July 2013 - 05:33 AM
Last post by: 94STAR
No New Posts Fuel Filter
7 ran 1,747 17th June 2013 - 04:39 PM
Last post by: SRSONE
No New Posts Fuel Filter
1 PedjaC 1,249 20th February 2012 - 03:14 PM
Last post by: SRSONE
No New Posts Fuel Filler Kneck Question
2 neverendingmods 364 7th December 2011 - 06:59 PM
Last post by: Abb
No New Posts Fuel Pump Relay
1 Daz97 1,049 5th December 2011 - 12:43 PM
Last post by: KiT TeUnG 2549

Time is now: 18th December 2014 - 11:02 PM
Mitsubishi-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mitsubishi Motors.
Privacy Statement