I have posted some of this material under other topics, but am looking to see how others have changed the standard lighting (both inside & out) of the Outlander to suit thier personal tastes or needs.
Thus far, the exterior lighting modifications I have completed are as follows:
1. Changed the original 55/60W low/high beam lamps to higher spec of 60/100W for improved night vision
2. Added four 130W spot lights across the front (the bullbar mounts help) bringing a total of 720W of high beam lighting. This is mainly due to me travelling in the Australian outback regularly, now I can see kangaroos and other wildlife in the distance for at least 700m at night.
3. Replaced standard parking light bulbs with high intensity White LEDs.
4. Added LED clearance light bars to each side of the lower front bumper bar. These look neat, but are also handy for driving in fog, or simply as daytime running lights.
5. Added LED lighting underneath each side of the roof rack bars. White facing front, red brake & amber indicators facing rearward.
6. Added 10mm Amber LED side indicator flashers to the front mud flaps for better visibility when changing lanes or turning from the side.
7. Incorporated Red high intensity LEDs intot he rear bumper bar reflectors (the ones underneath the main taillights). Used as daytime running lights & nighttime clearance lights.
8. Incorporated White high intensity LEDs into the sides of the tail light red lens area. These are on as clearance lights with my parking lights, but are wired to flash alternately with my turn signals.
9. Changed the rear licence plate bulb with a white CFFL for improved clarity at night.
The interior additions are as follows:
1. Changed the standard white lighting behind the speedometer for blue with LEDs.
2. Changed the standard white clock lighting for blue LEDs.
3. Changed the Airconditioner standard white control lighting for blue LEDs.
4. Added blue LED "mood" lighting underneath the dash area centre console section. Not visible fromt he driver or passenger seats, simply adds a blue glow around your feet at night.
5. Incorporated high intensity white LEDs into the rear courtesy lamp for improved back seat/cargo area lighting.
6. Added a halogen swivel light over the cargo area to improve available light for loading & unloading tools at night. This is also a great addition when camping.
I have included a few photos below showing these modifications & additions. If anyone wants specifications for any of these lighting mods, or "how to" instructions just ask.
I would love to see what other people have done with regard to the lighting systems on the Outlander. It might give me some more ideas.....
( 148.68K )
Number of downloads: 42
White LED bars & Parking lights from front
( 372.71K )
Number of downloads: 50
Red LEDs fitted into the Reflectors in the rear bumper
( 364.73K )
Number of downloads: 41
Rear Tail Lamp/Turn Signal LEDs
( 34.81K )
Number of downloads: 38
Amber Turn signal LEDs fitted into front Mudflaps (flaps swapped from the rear of the car to the front)
( 328.76K )
Number of downloads: 37
Cabin Mood Lighting
( 147.45K )
Number of downloads: 41
Rear Courtesy Lamp LEDs & Halogen Swivel Lamp
( 256.78K )
Number of downloads: 29
Cargo area Swivel Lamp (searchign for a cost effective LED bulb repalcement...)