Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Mitsubishi-Forums.com > Mitsubishi Models > Endeavor Forum
Mitsubishi-Forums.com - The UNOFFICIAL Mitsubishi Community This site is NOT affiliated in any way with Mitsubishi or any of it's subsidiaries. Our goal is to provide Mitsubishi owners an information outlet - a means to communicate with other Mitsubishi owners. It is simply a community where fans and owners can get the right information for tuning, customization and general discussions on anything about Mitsubishi. You'll find the answer to almost any question about your Mitsubishi in this site. If not, simply join and ask! We have many willing expert members just waiting to answer your questions.

Mitsubishi-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mitsubishi Motors.

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Do you like Mitsubishi-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Tries To Stall Only When I Stop At Red Light
kevyrev
post Jan 1 2013, 02:31 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 86,188
Drives: 2004 mitsubishi endeavor

I have an issue that I can't figure out and was hoping I could get some help. Sometimes when I stop at lights the rpms drop and enigne idles low and sometimes will stall. Strange thing is that it doesn't do it everytime and sometimes it doesn't stall. I have the 04 endeavor and this started about two weeks ago.
I had the battery and alternator checked and they were fine. Guy told me to check idle air valve. Another friend recommended that it could be a clogged fuel injector and assumed that while running it gets fuel and when I stop at lights and idle it's starving for fuel. Please let me know if you have had this issue and know what I can look for to resolve. I have never put an injector cleaner in so could possibly be something there.
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
kevyrev
post Jan 2 2013, 04:08 PM
Post #2

I must mention also, that when I am stopped and turn on the heater I hear a click from the engine and then the engine struggles a bit. This is only from a stopped and idling situation. When I turn heater off while idling it recover and idles as normal. Is that clicking the thermostat?

QuoteReply
SRSONE
post Jan 3 2013, 10:51 PM
Post #3

Veteran

Member No.: 59,794
Drives: 2007 OUTLANDER ES with the v6 and the 6 speed(no flappy paddles),2001 kia rio,1979 chevy k20 stepside

the clicking is probably the air compressor...

you dont hear the thermostat when it opens or closes

QuoteReply
kevyrev
post Jan 4 2013, 10:01 PM
Post #4

Thanks for the suggestion. Have any idea if the compressor could bring down the rpms when heater is switched on at idle? I am about to treat a tank of gas with fuel injector cleaner. Hopefully it helps as I have never used it on this car.

QuoteReply
SRSONE
post Jan 9 2013, 12:56 PM
Post #5

Veteran

Member No.: 59,794
Drives: 2007 OUTLANDER ES with the v6 and the 6 speed(no flappy paddles),2001 kia rio,1979 chevy k20 stepside

if the compressor is starting to go bad..when it engages it could drag down the engine yes

QuoteReply
  Advanced Search
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Mitsubishi listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts To Rebuild Or Not. Evo 4g63t Engines.
What would you do?
1 Jnic0 160 2nd July 2014 - 09:59 AM
Last post by: KiT TeUnG 2549
No New Posts Torque Shudder?
5 mdwman 331 19th June 2014 - 10:24 AM
Last post by: KiT TeUnG 2549
No New Posts Top Problem
Top is not consistent
2 Spyder Dan 177 12th May 2014 - 12:05 PM
Last post by: Spyder Dan
No New Posts When To Sell?
7 DavidE 673 3rd March 2014 - 01:25 PM
Last post by: bumpn
No New Posts Atf Change... Problem...
2 coolasice 502 30th July 2012 - 07:49 AM
Last post by: coolasice

Time is now: 23rd October 2014 - 07:23 AM
Mitsubishi-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mitsubishi Motors.
Privacy Statement