Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Mitsubishi-Forums.com > Mitsubishi Models > Endeavor Forum
Mitsubishi-Forums.com - The UNOFFICIAL Mitsubishi Community This site is NOT affiliated in any way with Mitsubishi or any of it's subsidiaries. Our goal is to provide Mitsubishi owners an information outlet - a means to communicate with other Mitsubishi owners. It is simply a community where fans and owners can get the right information for tuning, customization and general discussions on anything about Mitsubishi. You'll find the answer to almost any question about your Mitsubishi in this site. If not, simply join and ask! We have many willing expert members just waiting to answer your questions.

Mitsubishi-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mitsubishi Motors.

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Do you like Mitsubishi-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Charging Question On 04 (fixing Probs One-at-a-time)
StevMgn
post Nov 6 2012, 08:13 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 97,918
Drives: 2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor

When the car is first started, the battery light on the dash stays on for a while, then goes off, usually after 3-7 minutes or so. I hooked up a voltmeter to the battery (which is new), and it hangs below 11v until the alternator kicks in. When it does, everything works like it should. The belt is pretty new and tension feels right. Connectors feel good too. Is there such a thing as a "lazy" alternator? I'm getting this car ready for my daughter to take to school, just getting everything sorted out before she takes it 5 hours away. BTW, the ABS problem turned out to be the LF wheel speed sensor.
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
SRSONE
post Nov 7 2012, 09:04 AM
Post #2

Veteran

Member No.: 59,794
Drives: 2007 OUTLANDER ES with the v6 and the 6 speed(no flappy paddles),2001 kia rio,1979 chevy k20 stepside

just hooking up a voltmeter wont give you a complete test...you need to either take it someplace like autozone or another local parts store or your local shop..so they can do a load test on the alternator...

and check all the connections at the back of the alt...i remember some of the early endies having issues with the connectors at the alt

QuoteReply
StevMgn
post Nov 7 2012, 01:43 PM
Post #3

I took it to the shop and the load test passed. The alt works fine....when it works. That first 5 minutes is what's wierd. Like the voltage reg needs to warm up. Ever seen that pattern? I gonna try to get a really good look at that connector. If it's OK, I may just throw an a rebuilt alt in there and see what happens.

QuoteReply
SRSONE
post Nov 9 2012, 08:42 AM
Post #4

Veteran

Member No.: 59,794
Drives: 2007 OUTLANDER ES with the v6 and the 6 speed(no flappy paddles),2001 kia rio,1979 chevy k20 stepside

if it keeps turning on..it may be ok..i dont remember if the pcm turns on the alt as soon as the car is started...ill have to do some checking

QuoteReply
StevMgn
post Nov 17 2012, 10:17 PM
Post #5

It was the alternator. I found one in a yard out of an 08 with only 11000 miles on it. Basically OE new. You may consider this option before buying a rebuilt one which ultimately comes from an unknown source. Many of the mid-late 2000's Mitsu's use the same alt, so lots to choose from. This one was $95.00 shipped w/one year warranty. Not too bad to install. And the light goes out immediately!

QuoteReply
  Advanced Search
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Mitsubishi listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Question About The 2.5td 4d56 Engine
6 iods 140 29th August 2014 - 01:57 PM
Last post by: iods
No New Posts 04 Outlander New Tires
0 Izerous 172 9th May 2014 - 02:32 PM
Last post by: Izerous
No New Posts Pinned: Topic has attachments04 Outlander Xls
Hard to start after fill-up.
14 Outy 761 10th February 2014 - 11:05 PM
Last post by: chain rattle
No New Posts 04 Endeavor - Cd Is Stuck
1 StevMgn 803 1st January 2013 - 05:32 PM
Last post by: kevyrev
No New Posts 04 Ralliart Clutch
7 shanep1991 864 21st November 2012 - 06:49 AM
Last post by: tomcoulam

Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 12:32 AM
Mitsubishi-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mitsubishi Motors.
Privacy Statement