Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Mitsubishi-Forums.com > Mitsubishi Models > Airtrek & Outlander Forum > 1G (2003-2006) Airtrek & Outlander
Mitsubishi-Forums.com - The UNOFFICIAL Mitsubishi Community This site is NOT affiliated in any way with Mitsubishi or any of it's subsidiaries. Our goal is to provide Mitsubishi owners an information outlet - a means to communicate with other Mitsubishi owners. It is simply a community where fans and owners can get the right information for tuning, customization and general discussions on anything about Mitsubishi. You'll find the answer to almost any question about your Mitsubishi in this site. If not, simply join and ask! We have many willing expert members just waiting to answer your questions.

Mitsubishi-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mitsubishi Motors.

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Do you like Mitsubishi-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Air Con Works For 1 Minute.
billynoband
post Oct 20 2012, 05:24 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,780
Drives: 04 outlander

My air con works well for a minute then blows normal air but not warm. I can see that the air con motor stops turning at this time. I had it charged last year and was working fine. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
chain rattle
post Oct 20 2012, 06:14 AM
Post #2

Magna Buff
Group Icon

Group: Super Mod
Member No.: 19,697
Drives: vt v6 commadore wagon

it has sprung another leak
are there air bubbles in the dryer?

the system stops to protect the compressor
when leaking

QuoteReply
billynoband
post Oct 20 2012, 06:37 AM
Post #3

There are bubbles in the sight glass, the air con compressor and rad fans now run for about 10 seconds before switching off. They then dont work untill you restart the car, then the same thing happens. I cant see any leak, there is plenty of green dye in the gas too.

QuoteReply
SRSONE
post Oct 25 2012, 07:57 AM
Post #4

Veteran

Member No.: 59,794
Drives: 2007 OUTLANDER ES with the v6 and the 6 speed(no flappy paddles),2001 kia rio,1979 chevy k20 stepside

first you need a set of gauges to read the pressures..and if it had a leak and you just recharged it..and now its low again..you still have the leak..if the system has dye in it...the light should show if there is any dye leaking anywhere..

QuoteReply
00UTY
post Dec 10 2012, 09:38 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 101,768
Drives: Outlander LS 2003 Offroad Beastie!

I had something similar occur on my 00UTY a few years ago - air worked well for a while (between 30 seconds and up to 5 minutes!) then blew hot air.

I took it to a few places before my local Mitsi dealer arranged to keep it for afew days testing the air - as they couldn't fault it either. (compressor, gas, etc all ok)

In the end, it turned out to be a very minor issue - the auto clutch assembly on the air compressor had two slightly loose retaining screws. When the compressor clutch engaged, it wouldn't stay engage for very long at all, hence the hot air.

A few turns with the wrench - and the problem has never returned since! By the way, my air is running beautifully since new (apart from this minor glitch).
Has anyone had to get the aircon system re-gassed? Mine is 10 years old next May, with over 350,000Kms on the clock - and still using the original gas.

The air is still blowing at a measured 3 degrees celcius at the vents!

QuoteReply
billynoband
post Jan 2 2013, 01:12 PM
Post #6

Thanks I shall try that if it ever stops raining in the uk.

QuoteReply
billynoband
post Aug 6 2013, 01:28 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (00UTY @ Dec 10 2012, 10:38 PM) *
I had something similar occur on my 00UTY a few years ago - air worked well for a while (between 30 seconds and up to 5 minutes!) then blew hot air.

I took it to a few places before my local Mitsi dealer arranged to keep it for afew days testing the air - as they couldn't fault it either. (compressor, gas, etc all ok)

In the end, it turned out to be a very minor issue - the auto clutch assembly on the air compressor had two slightly loose retaining screws. When the compressor clutch engaged, it wouldn't stay engage for very long at all, hence the hot air.

A few turns with the wrench - and the problem has never returned since! By the way, my air is running beautifully since new (apart from this minor glitch).
Has anyone had to get the aircon system re-gassed? Mine is 10 years old next May, with over 350,000Kms on the clock - and still using the original gas.

The air is still blowing at a measured 3 degrees celcius at the vents!

Yep, took the wheel arch cover off and peered at the pump and sure enough the nut on the end of the pulley/clutch had slackened a little. Sorted.

QuoteReply
billynoband
post Dec 28 2013, 11:14 AM
Post #8

Worked well untill my fan belt snapped and wrapped itself around the air con pump and the alternator wrecking both. Belt had only done 60k miles. Really shocked it caused so much damage, the alternator is making a terrible electrical burning smell and the air con pulley shaft/bearing is making a bad noise when turning.

QuoteReply
  Advanced Search
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Mitsubishi listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Constant Dead Battery
12 4wheelfun 160 25th March 2014 - 06:37 PM
Last post by: 4wheelfun
No New Posts Pinned: Workshop Manual
Download now!!!
2 gevo 17,774 28th February 2014 - 10:41 AM
Last post by: bumpn
No New Posts Air Bag Light On Dash?
2 billynoband 210 28th January 2014 - 01:24 PM
Last post by: KiT TeUnG 2549
No New Posts Airtrek Error Code P0135
Oxygen Sensor Gone Bad
6 gregnov 5,191 26th October 2013 - 09:30 PM
Last post by: Outy
No New Posts Airtrik 2004 Engin Check Error (p0155 O2 Heater Circuit Bank 2 Sensor 1)
3 Softarno 357 24th June 2013 - 11:02 AM
Last post by: Softarno

Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 10:28 PM
Mitsubishi-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mitsubishi Motors.
Privacy Statement