Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Mitsubishi-Forums.com > Mitsubishi Models > L300, L400, Delica, Exceed & Starwagon Forum
Mitsubishi-Forums.com - The UNOFFICIAL Mitsubishi Community This site is NOT affiliated in any way with Mitsubishi or any of it's subsidiaries. Our goal is to provide Mitsubishi owners an information outlet - a means to communicate with other Mitsubishi owners. It is simply a community where fans and owners can get the right information for tuning, customization and general discussions on anything about Mitsubishi. You'll find the answer to almost any question about your Mitsubishi in this site. If not, simply join and ask! We have many willing expert members just waiting to answer your questions.

Mitsubishi-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mitsubishi Motors.

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Do you like Mitsubishi-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Ball Joint, cost of replacing a ball joint
knackered L300
post Jan 5 2013, 08:55 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 52,302
Drives: 1995 Mitsubishi Express

Hey guys,

it's been a while since I've posted as I've not had the van for 18 months. However now I do it appears the off-side upper and lower ball joints need replacing. Does anyone have an idea of a reasonalbe supplier and expected cost?

Also it looks like there is play in the prop shaft; front and rear and the diff is on it's way out. Look like I'm going to have to get shot of the van shortly. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
94STAR
post Jan 11 2013, 05:12 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 81,277
Drives: 94 Starwagon Auto and a couple of Mazdas

The diff probably is cheaply replaced from the wrecker and you could perhaps even get a prop shaft with unis as well. Front end well that may be a bit more expensive, beware of thinking ball joints as you may only have wheel bearing play which can be adjusted, mine was misdiagnosed. Pity you are in WA, you could get shot of it to me. If the rest of the van is OK why get rid of it

QuoteReply
Comper100
post Jan 11 2013, 08:29 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 41,076
Drives: 91 L300 Delica

If the ball joints are bad then there not overly expensive, the $30 mark of the top of my head is about right and there not too hard to do with the right tools.

QuoteReply
  Advanced Search
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Mitsubishi listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsBall Joints
2 noslocars 435 2nd November 2008 - 09:33 AM
Last post by: MY_RAGE

Time is now: 18th December 2014 - 04:43 PM
Mitsubishi-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mitsubishi Motors.
Privacy Statement