Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Mitsubishi-Forums.com > Mitsubishi Models > Airtrek & Outlander Forum > 1G (2003-2006) Airtrek & Outlander
Mitsubishi-Forums.com - The UNOFFICIAL Mitsubishi Community This site is NOT affiliated in any way with Mitsubishi or any of it's subsidiaries. Our goal is to provide Mitsubishi owners an information outlet - a means to communicate with other Mitsubishi owners. It is simply a community where fans and owners can get the right information for tuning, customization and general discussions on anything about Mitsubishi. You'll find the answer to almost any question about your Mitsubishi in this site. If not, simply join and ask! We have many willing expert members just waiting to answer your questions.

Mitsubishi-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mitsubishi Motors.

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Do you like Mitsubishi-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> 03 Us Spec Outlander->evolander Questions, Questions about US Spec Outlanders and Airtreks
brunoboy650
post Apr 17 2012, 08:48 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 29,313
Drives: 92 eclipse gsx

Hi, I think this is my first actual thread. Im thinking about picking up a 03 US Automatic Outlander. I know in the US it comes in Automatic AWD with the 4g64. This 4g64 has been used in numerous Lancer Evolution 8/9 builds to make it a 2.4T. I am doing as much research as I can to make this US outlander into a EvoLander complete with a 5 speed swap and suspension. What are the similarities of the 03 Outlander and any of the Airtreks as well as the Lancer Evolution? AMS Performance has completed a FULL Evo VIII Conversion here:
http://www.amsperformance.com/tim_outlander.php

while English Racing is here:
http://forums.evolutionm.net/other-cars/60...der-begins.html

I have talked to the guys at English racing about converting it to 5 speed but it seems they are keeping the auto and building it for a drag car. I am going to take the Evo 8 head and swap it but I need to know how to make this this 5 speed. What clutch pedal assembly can I use? and does all the motor and trans mounts work with a Evo VIII Trans and Transfer case? What master cylinder do i need to use for the clutch and how about other things I will need for the swap?

coilovers? I have heard that the 03 Base Lancer coilovers fit this car from English Racing. Can these be used? and can what year airtrek coilovers work as well? Does Airtrek underbrace bars and such fit on a us 03 outlander as well?

Brakes? I have seen AMS uses Evo 8/9 Front and Rear Brembos. I have heard these need custom brackets to make it work but they can be done. Does anyone have upgraded brakes for this set up? or any Big Brake kits that bolt up and proven to work? Stainless steel lines?

This is a lot of information I need before I buy the car. I want to make sure I can get everything to work and what I would need to do this. I will be the first non shop and street built Full EvoLander in the US if I can complete this and I need all of your help. Thanks
-Shane
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
Midegade
post Apr 19 2012, 06:39 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 82,895
Drives: 2002 Mitsubishi Airtrek Turbo

Hello sir,

As you know< I changed from 5 speed automatic to 5 speed manual shift.

Transforming an USA Outlander is a bit different than a JDM Airtrek.

Firstly, the engine is different. To make life simple I would do a Evo 8 engine swap. That's just me.
The head swap could be your alternative though, but i don't know much about that.
For the Airtrek, the complete evo 8 front suspension can be swapped, except the anti-sway bar and end links, and uncludes arms, axles, hub spindle, knuckle, abs sensor, etc.
I used coilovers suited for the Outlander, check the web on Ksport.
I use the body bars from Ultra Racing.
It is for the chassis number beginning with CU2W.

Hope this helps.

QuoteReply
brunoboy650
post Apr 19 2012, 11:07 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 29,313
Drives: 92 eclipse gsx

QUOTE (Midegade @ Apr 19 2012, 04:39 PM) *
Hello sir,

As you know< I changed from 5 speed automatic to 5 speed manual shift.

Transforming an USA Outlander is a bit different than a JDM Airtrek.

Firstly, the engine is different. To make life simple I would do a Evo 8 engine swap. That's just me.
The head swap could be your alternative though, but i don't know much about that.
For the Airtrek, the complete evo 8 front suspension can be swapped, except the anti-sway bar and end links, and uncludes arms, axles, hub spindle, knuckle, abs sensor, etc.
I used coilovers suited for the Outlander, check the web on Ksport.
I use the body bars from Ultra Racing.
It is for the chassis number beginning with CU2W.

Hope this helps.

i was looking into the Chassis bars for the airtrek/outlander from Ultra Racing as well. As I was told, it will work the same on both cars. Is your car Front wheel drive or All wheel drive? I have seen the Ksports and Kw Variant 2's but I heard there were BC Racing coils as well. I am looking into the 4g64/63T hybrid and the 05 outlander comes from the factory with a 5 speed and a 4g69 mivec motor. I can also do the 4g69/63T hybrid as well. How hard was it to do the manual swap? and what did you use for master clutch cylinder and trans mounts and such? thanks.

QuoteReply
  Advanced Search
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Mitsubishi listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts 03 Outlander Valve Noise After Head Replacement
2 szumkel 53 Yesterday, 05:47 PM
Last post by: Outy
No New Posts 03 Outie Speaker Install
2 crash3400 549 19th November 2014 - 10:34 AM
Last post by: mortie
No New Posts Pinned: 03 Outlander No Heat? Here's The Fix.
2 mikevegas06 208 16th October 2014 - 06:28 AM
Last post by: mikevegas06
No New Posts 03 Petrol Space Star Wont Start. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh
i hate it
1 fedupwithmumsspacestar 566 21st June 2014 - 04:24 PM
Last post by: chain rattle
No New Posts 03 Eclispe Heating Problem
3 fisher4550 880 28th January 2014 - 08:14 PM
Last post by: KiT TeUnG 2549

Time is now: 22nd December 2014 - 07:08 PM
Mitsubishi-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mitsubishi Motors.
Privacy Statement