Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Mitsubishi-Forums.com > Mitsubishi Models > Airtrek & Outlander Forum > 1G (2003-2006) Airtrek & Outlander
Mitsubishi-Forums.com - The UNOFFICIAL Mitsubishi Community This site is NOT affiliated in any way with Mitsubishi or any of it's subsidiaries. Our goal is to provide Mitsubishi owners an information outlet - a means to communicate with other Mitsubishi owners. It is simply a community where fans and owners can get the right information for tuning, customization and general discussions on anything about Mitsubishi. You'll find the answer to almost any question about your Mitsubishi in this site. If not, simply join and ask! We have many willing expert members just waiting to answer your questions.

Mitsubishi-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mitsubishi Motors.

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Do you like Mitsubishi-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Where Is The Firewall?, Where is the hole on the firewall?
swoosh0217
post Jan 27 2013, 12:59 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 115,375
Drives: 2008 Nissan Quest/ 05 Outlander AWD

I'm trying to set up my sound system by installing an amp but could not find a hole that I can run my positive wire through the fire wall. I notice on the passenger side that there's a bunch of wires that runs through the wall but its already a tight space which I cannot run my wire through.

Anyone knows where the holes are or better yet, where is the best place to drill a hole to run my positive wire through?

Thanks in advance.
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
Izerous
post Jan 28 2013, 03:04 PM
Post #2

Senior

Member No.: 66,107
Drives: 04 Outlander AWD (4G69)

If I remember to do so I'll try to take a peek tonight where they ran the wire to the amp for me.

QuoteReply
Izerous
post Feb 5 2013, 11:41 AM
Post #3

Senior

Member No.: 66,107
Drives: 04 Outlander AWD (4G69)

Did end up forgetting about this, quickly stepped downstairs and took a look so I don't forget again. The way the shop ran the amp power cable was directly from the battery, then routed back towards the brake fluid res and into the firewall behind the strut tower (think that is the right name for it). Not sure off hand if it is a factory hole they just reused or if they made their own hole and sealed it.

QuoteReply
swoosh0217
post Feb 14 2013, 05:31 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 115,375
Drives: 2008 Nissan Quest/ 05 Outlander AWD

QUOTE (Izerous @ Feb 5 2013, 11:41 AM) *
Did end up forgetting about this, quickly stepped downstairs and took a look so I don't forget again. The way the shop ran the amp power cable was directly from the battery, then routed back towards the brake fluid res and into the firewall behind the strut tower (think that is the right name for it). Not sure off hand if it is a factory hole they just reused or if they made their own hole and sealed it.

Thanks Izerous. Are there any other wires running through the hole or just the red wire? I'll take a look when I get home later.

QuoteReply
SRSONE
post Feb 15 2013, 08:45 AM
Post #5

Veteran

Member No.: 59,794
Drives: 2007 OUTLANDER ES with the v6 and the 6 speed(no flappy paddles),2001 kia rio,1979 chevy k20 stepside

QUOTE (swoosh0217 @ Jan 27 2013, 12:59 AM) *
Anyone knows where the holes are or better yet, where is the best place to drill a hole to run my positive wire through?

they generally dont just leave holes in the firewall..the only holes are there for the wiring harnesses that go thru them..

you pretty much find a space with nothing on either side of it and drill a hole and either use a new grommet or seal it with something else so that water cant get into the car either

that pretty much how i have installed wiring for stereos..

QuoteReply
  Advanced Search
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Mitsubishi listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsThe Reply For Converting Drums To Brakes
22 Mranderson 545 31st May 2014 - 03:19 AM
Last post by: TW2005
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsWhere Can I Get These?
3 Island 165 24th May 2014 - 09:16 PM
Last post by: TW2005
No New Posts The Art Of Auto Detailing (part 2)
0 CarID 426 23rd August 2013 - 09:57 AM
Last post by: CarID
No New Posts The Art Of Auto Detailing (part 1)
0 CarID 349 9th August 2013 - 09:05 AM
Last post by: CarID
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsThe P0455 Evap Leak
2 docgoku 482 4th September 2011 - 07:50 AM
Last post by: docgoku

Time is now: 1st October 2014 - 09:15 AM
Mitsubishi-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mitsubishi Motors.
Privacy Statement