Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Mitsubishi-Forums.com > Mitsubishi Models > Lancer Forum > 2007 and Below Lancer > Performance
Mitsubishi-Forums.com - The UNOFFICIAL Mitsubishi Community This site is NOT affiliated in any way with Mitsubishi or any of it's subsidiaries. Our goal is to provide Mitsubishi owners an information outlet - a means to communicate with other Mitsubishi owners. It is simply a community where fans and owners can get the right information for tuning, customization and general discussions on anything about Mitsubishi. You'll find the answer to almost any question about your Mitsubishi in this site. If not, simply join and ask! We have many willing expert members just waiting to answer your questions.

Mitsubishi-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mitsubishi Motors.

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Do you like Mitsubishi-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Rrm Piggy Back Ecu.....install?, anyone got one/installed one?
rjthedirtbandit
post Apr 25 2008, 04:32 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 55,207
Drives: 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ

so ive been considering ordering one of these next week for my 2003 lancer oz(automatic) and the only problem i have is im worried about the install. i mean is there alot of cutting of wires, etc. how easy is this install. im just afraid with all my **** luck that ill mess something up. or does the unit kinda just bolt on. does it come with a detailed install guide of some sort. and also does anyone have one of these? how did your install go? and hows the performance gain?
thanks for the help guys!
(sorry if this is a topic thats already been discussed, but i searched and found no similar topics)
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
Travis k
post Apr 27 2008, 09:50 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 50,718
Drives: 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer oz

Im having the same proble.

QuoteReply
fullmoon
post Apr 29 2008, 10:18 PM
Post #3

Expert

Member No.: 12,867
Drives: 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Funny I was just looking at one on the web :)

Quite a bit of work in fact if not done right you may end up buying a new ECU.
From all I have read and the shops I have talked to it's just little tweeking is all ya gonna get.
I wish it was an on and off switch mod so I could pass smog check dang it!
I'd get a tunner shop to do it the 1st time and you stand by and watch if it were me.

QuoteReply
mfalik
post Apr 30 2008, 08:05 AM
Post #4

Veteran

Member No.: 14,252
Drives: 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer ES, 1996 Honda Shadow VT1100C (bike), 1994 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

The piggyback from RRM comes pre-programmed, but you can tune it yourself later (after serious mods).

As for power gains and installation instructions, I would contact RRM for the information.

QuoteReply
trey9wli
post Jul 6 2008, 08:43 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 60,680
Drives: 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer ES

I have one from RRM installed in my 06 Lancer ES. They come pre programmed to a basic ideal setting, and come with tuning software (IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING) and wiring diagram. Easy enough to install on mine, had a problem with the diagram - US and Canadian lancers have a very different pin layout, but once everything was sorted out, it was about a half hour install for some pretty good gains. All told I think 5 wires. 3 add on to other wires and two interrupt one wire. Simplicity. But the ease of installation will generally give you an idea of the gains. By itself, it won't do much, but with the addition of intake / exhaust upgrades it'll keep your car running smooth and let it recognize what's going on in your engine bay. I'd recommend a complete tune at a certified shop and maybe a different product if and when you turbo or start digging on the insides of the engine, but if you're sticking with bolt-ons for awhile I'd definitely recommend one for yours. www.roadracemotorsports.com

QuoteReply
Bluelancer2
post Oct 18 2012, 08:24 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 123,624
Drives: 2006 Lancer ES auto

I bought a RRm unit , and I am also in Canada. I am interested in what the difference was in the pinout, to save some time when I install mine. Thanks in advance.

QuoteReply
Quicksand10
post Nov 20 2012, 12:15 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 86,936
Drives: 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Rally O-Z

QUOTE (Bluelancer2 @ Oct 18 2012, 08:24 PM) *
I bought a RRm unit , and I am also in Canada. I am interested in what the difference was in the pinout, to save some time when I install mine. Thanks in advance.

I'm in Montreal, QC and I installed mine myself ~2 months ago. It was really simple to install. No difference in pinout anymore, I think RRM changed their instructions since this thread started (2008!).

Good luck.

QuoteReply
  Advanced Search
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Mitsubishi listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsRrm Udp Install For Outlander
18 Izerous 1,120 18th August 2011 - 10:21 PM
Last post by: Izerous
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsBackyard Mechanics..beware..pics Included
12 dissturbbed 683 18th March 2010 - 09:26 PM
Last post by: bumpn
No New Posts Back In A Carisma, I Hope!
2 jadis 374 14th January 2010 - 11:36 AM
Last post by: jadis
No New Posts Backseat Racing Seats?
3 yoggi_bizz 508 11th August 2008 - 07:54 AM
Last post by: antil33t
No New Posts Back-up Parking Sensors
2 boriparamivida 1,052 29th July 2008 - 02:10 PM
Last post by: DKTRL

Time is now: 20th December 2014 - 03:02 AM
Mitsubishi-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mitsubishi Motors.
Privacy Statement