QUOTE (uglystorm @ May 28 2008, 01:15 PM)
I need assistance and guidance to remove and replace the rear (cargo area) speakers. One of them (driver side) is blown and I can't listen to the radio or CD without the noise background.
Just did my 05...should be the same, though mine has the infinity system. The 8" subwoofer is not a parts store or best buy item. Remember that.
Anyhow, heres the steps.
1. fold the second row seats forward.
2. lift the third row seat up and forward.
3. remove the trim just on the inside of the lower hatch seal. there are 3 little covers the snap ofF on the front side, then the whole thing pops off.
4. remove the lower left tie down. there is 1 bolt underneath the cover, then remove that little section of carpet it just pops off.
5. remove the 17 millimeter seat belt bolt.
6. remove the grab handle near the roof. there are 2 screws the covers just pop off
7. remove the entire upper trim piece, it just pops straight off. if you slide the rear seat belt all the way through the rear hole, you should be able to maneuver it out of the way.
8. remove the 3 screws that you just uncovered for the lower trim piece, and the 2 screws that were underneath the small piece of carpet. you should now be able to pop off the lower trim panel far enough to access the speaker. (note: you can fold the 3rd row seat back down of it helps with this). it is held in with 4 10mm bolts. try not to drop any or you may never see them again.
And YES, I know this tread is old, but I couldnt find the how to anywhere so I dont think its been covered.