Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Mitsubishi-Forums.com > Mitsubishi Models > Montero, Challenger, Pajero & Shogun Forum
Mitsubishi-Forums.com - The UNOFFICIAL Mitsubishi Community This site is NOT affiliated in any way with Mitsubishi or any of it's subsidiaries. Our goal is to provide Mitsubishi owners an information outlet - a means to communicate with other Mitsubishi owners. It is simply a community where fans and owners can get the right information for tuning, customization and general discussions on anything about Mitsubishi. You'll find the answer to almost any question about your Mitsubishi in this site. If not, simply join and ask! We have many willing expert members just waiting to answer your questions.

Mitsubishi-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mitsubishi Motors.

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Do you like Mitsubishi-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Dusty Air Cond, Dusty Air Cond
rhysrobert
post Sep 13 2008, 11:59 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 64,296
Drives: 2004 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2 Diesel

I own a 2004 Diesel Pajero and the Air Cond smells very dusty when its on, does anyone know if there's a filter and if so how to clean it?

Thank you
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
Ex-Pat
post Jun 3 2009, 03:52 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 58,332
Drives: Mitsubishi Montero

Theres a charcoal filter behind the large glove box , I changed mine last year it was quite straight forward to do ,you just need to unscrew the glovebox to get to it and it drops down for easy access ,Its enclosed in a white plastic box that you have to unscrew the top from to replace the filter ,just buy a filter from the dealers I was suprised how cheap they were from a main dealer

QuoteReply
Benckj
post Jun 3 2009, 05:37 PM
Post #3

Expert

Member No.: 2,513
Drives: 2006 Pajero 3.8l MIVEC

That reminds me I need to do mine and my mother-in-laws RVR as well. Last year her car smelled like a dead rat when we had the heater on. Hate to think what her filter looks like.

Jim

QuoteReply
KiT TeUnG 2549
post Jun 3 2009, 06:34 PM
Post #4

Veteran
Group Icon

Group: Super Mod
Member No.: 58,134
Drives: 1997 Mitsubishi Diamante VR-S SUPER INVECS II , 1990 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 MR, 2006 Mitsubishi Triton PLUS 3.5 DOCH , 2001 Mitsubishi Galant GSR

As ive seen on many Pajero models , and Tritons and other models that lots of dust gets in there as well as leaves. people are suprised but leaves and other debris do get into there frum the outside air duct and lay inside the unit. Lots of the dead rat smell that ive come across is rotting or decomposing leaves that are in that area of the ducting coming in frum the outside air passage

QuoteReply
jallert
post Sep 21 2009, 03:25 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 78,293
Drives: 1994 Mits Montero SR

does anyone know if the 1994 montero SR (7 seater) comes with a cabin filter? I have the same "dead rat" smell and I cannot find it. Any thoughts? Thanks
J

QuoteReply
Benckj
post Sep 21 2009, 04:43 PM
Post #6

Expert

Member No.: 2,513
Drives: 2006 Pajero 3.8l MIVEC

I'm fairly sure it does but in saying that I took my glove box out from my 97 Pajero and the 95 RVR and I couldn't locate it. Looked at pictures from other owners and mine is totally different. It seems to have an external filter but is not replaceable like the panel type. Gave mine a clean and re-installed.

Jim

QuoteReply
KiT TeUnG 2549
post Sep 21 2009, 04:54 PM
Post #7

Veteran
Group Icon

Group: Super Mod
Member No.: 58,134
Drives: 1997 Mitsubishi Diamante VR-S SUPER INVECS II , 1990 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 MR, 2006 Mitsubishi Triton PLUS 3.5 DOCH , 2001 Mitsubishi Galant GSR

Maybe it is a dead rat? I kno ive found one near the blower motor once on Pajero 1995 and on an Asti and also Lancer. BUt hence that. If yu live where there are alot of trees , leaves constantly and can get under the fresh air guard near the widescreen . Leaves deposit in there and basically rot. Since water flows thru there also , the leaves dampen and dry and rot etc. Sumtimes the leaves get as far as in teh blower or near it, which really does not help the smell.

All thoughts to check. Ive worked and have had to remove debris and leaves on many vehicles , juss not mitsubishis for similar issues.

QuoteReply
  Advanced Search
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Mitsubishi listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Air Cabin Filter
'08 Eclipse GT
4 lucillesur 153 22nd May 2014 - 11:41 PM
Last post by: KiT TeUnG 2549
No New Posts Air Bag Light On Dash?
2 billynoband 304 28th January 2014 - 01:24 PM
Last post by: KiT TeUnG 2549
No New Posts Air Con Works For 1 Minute.
7 billynoband 867 28th December 2013 - 11:14 AM
Last post by: billynoband
No New Posts Airtrek Error Code P0135
Oxygen Sensor Gone Bad
6 gregnov 5,431 26th October 2013 - 09:30 PM
Last post by: Outy
No New Posts Airtrik 2004 Engin Check Error (p0155 O2 Heater Circuit Bank 2 Sensor 1)
3 Softarno 427 24th June 2013 - 11:02 AM
Last post by: Softarno

Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 02:01 AM
Mitsubishi-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mitsubishi Motors.
Privacy Statement