Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Mitsubishi-Forums.com > Mitsubishi Models > Endeavor Forum
Mitsubishi-Forums.com - The UNOFFICIAL Mitsubishi Community This site is NOT affiliated in any way with Mitsubishi or any of it's subsidiaries. Our goal is to provide Mitsubishi owners an information outlet - a means to communicate with other Mitsubishi owners. It is simply a community where fans and owners can get the right information for tuning, customization and general discussions on anything about Mitsubishi. You'll find the answer to almost any question about your Mitsubishi in this site. If not, simply join and ask! We have many willing expert members just waiting to answer your questions.

Mitsubishi-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mitsubishi Motors.

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Do you like Mitsubishi-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> 2007 Endeavor - Multiple Misfires, Replaced coil on cyl 4 then misfire on cyl 6 - baffled
jameo
post Dec 2 2011, 05:41 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 57,100
Drives: 2007 Endeavor

2007 Endeavor LS AWD - 82k Miles

I recently had both check engine and tcl lights come on solid a day after a 65 mile trip through rain ice, and bad weather. Accompanying these lights on is a rough idle at low idling rpm's and vehicle shaking at higher ones when I tried to drive it. There is 1/2 tank of 91 gas and the gas cap is locked tight. I checked the oil and it was fine, I added fuel injector cleaner along with dry gas and ran the vehicle about 15 miles. None of this seemed to help. I took the vehicle to Autozone and had them read the error code for me which was P0300. The autozone person further said it was a Cyl #4 misfire. I took the vehicle to a repair shop and they ran a diagnostic. They proceeded to change out the coil on cyl #4 and a new error code showed up identifying a misfire in cyl. #6. They checked all the plugs and wires and found no problems. There was no evidence of a manifold gasket leak either. The timing belt on the vehicle has not yet been changed. After this they stopped and said I should take it to a dealer who has better diagnostics to identify the problem. I am concerned about what could be wrong. I have read alot and seems like most of the usual suspects have been eliminatedas the cause of the issue. Any help before I take this to a dealer would be greatly appreciated.
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
PedjaC
post Dec 20 2011, 05:57 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,263
Drives: 2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor Limited awd

it is p0300 which is multiple misfire, this could be many things, I do not think so that is related to cylinder , in my opinion it is electrical/sensor/airflow problem. I have same problem/code and looking into it.
Check MASS AIRFLOW SENSOR (intake air flow temperature sensor), this could be your and mine problem.Looking to find how to test this sensor. I red on internet about this.
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
  Advanced Search
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Mitsubishi listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts 2007 Raider Rim
spare tire was stolen... :/
1 jperfet85 47 29th May 2014 - 03:30 PM
Last post by: chain rattle
No New Posts Endeavor Tires
Tires
9 bar17 5,844 17th September 2011 - 01:34 PM
Last post by: smithmga
No New Posts Endeavor Awd System
8 shadow4478 2,600 7th September 2011 - 08:45 PM
Last post by: mccoyxx
No New Posts Endeavor Picture Thread
1 RandomHero 1,028 26th August 2011 - 12:20 AM
Last post by: RandomHero
No New Posts Endeavor Question?
1 Boltzfan 519 23rd August 2011 - 06:07 PM
Last post by: SRSONE

Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 03:39 AM
Mitsubishi-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mitsubishi Motors.
Privacy Statement