Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Mitsubishi-Forums.com > Mitsubishi Models > Endeavor Forum
Mitsubishi-Forums.com - The UNOFFICIAL Mitsubishi Community This site is NOT affiliated in any way with Mitsubishi or any of it's subsidiaries. Our goal is to provide Mitsubishi owners an information outlet - a means to communicate with other Mitsubishi owners. It is simply a community where fans and owners can get the right information for tuning, customization and general discussions on anything about Mitsubishi. You'll find the answer to almost any question about your Mitsubishi in this site. If not, simply join and ask! We have many willing expert members just waiting to answer your questions.

Mitsubishi-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mitsubishi Motors.

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Do you like Mitsubishi-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Factory Infinity System Speaker Replacement?, Factory speaker replacement
GlueSniffinEd
post Jul 10 2007, 10:09 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 42,037
Drives: 2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor XLS

I was wondering if it is possible to replace the factory sub in the Infinity equipped Endeavor with an after market sub while leaving all of the original amplifiers and head unit stock.

The foam on my factory sub has torn; it sounds horrible now. I'm not sure if I can just buy any 8" sub I want on connect it up to the stock equipment or if I am stuck getting an OEM replacement.

I know that the early GM Bose systems were a pain as each individual speaker had its own amplifier and unless you replaced the entire system with after market you were stuck with outrageously priced OEM replacements.

If it is possible for me just to swap the driver (sub) out with my choice of subs....well....any suggestions as to what I should buy would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
audioqueso
post Aug 5 2007, 10:23 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 12,916
Drives: Endeavor

I can't say a positive yes, but if you could find the following, then it would work:

- 8" sub with same dept dimensions. (Most OEM subs have a very specific size that's too small for common aftermarket))

- Check the ohms and amount of power the amps have. Find a sub that can be driven with that amount of power.

QuoteReply
99SpyderOwner
post Aug 10 2007, 12:15 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 43,376
Drives: 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS

On the same note as the post above, I would actually like to keep my Infinity sound system in my '99 Spyder but I have two blown speakers. Is it possible to get replacement OEMs for the that year and model? and who would I go to, a mitsubishi dealer? I just purchased this vehicle and did not realize the agony that comes with the factory Infinity audio system. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

QuoteReply
GlueSniffinEd
post Aug 14 2007, 09:25 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 42,037
Drives: 2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor XLS

Hey guys, I can now answer my own question for those of you that are curious.

Apparently there is nothing special at all about the sub. I took my Endeavor in to a local car audio shop and they dropped a JL audio 8W0 8" sub in the OEM hole and did some work to seal it in the OEM cavity.

No cutting or modifications at all were necessary, it sounds good and it was $138.00 out the door including installation. The only way you can tell that it is not the OEM sub is because you can see "JL Audio" on the speaker; aside from that the factory original side panel and everything else is unchanged.

The dealership quoted me over $200.00 for the part and labor to replace the OEM infinity sub. The JL Audio sub looks like it is a much better quality part and was also much cheaper than the dealership route.

QuoteReply
  Advanced Search
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Mitsubishi listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Infinity Audiio System Problem
no audio, just sharp crackling noises
2 mitsigaynor 37 29th August 2014 - 02:30 PM
Last post by: mitsigaynor
No New Posts Factory Style Rear Spoiler For Mitsubishi Eclipse- Yay Or Nay?
0 CarID 39 28th July 2014 - 08:32 AM
Last post by: CarID
No New Posts Replacement Keys
2 pilgrim supporter 945 22nd August 2012 - 05:11 PM
Last post by: Bovril
No New Posts Factory Infinity Radio Presets And State Not Saving
3 wrkrbee 473 24th May 2012 - 02:54 PM
Last post by: SRSONE
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsInfinity Reference 6032si & Dynamat Installed
6 SixFeetDeep 661 6th April 2012 - 06:24 PM
Last post by: Izerous

Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 11:31 PM
Mitsubishi-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mitsubishi Motors.
Privacy Statement