Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Mitsubishi-Forums.com > Mitsubishi Models > Eclipse Forum > 3G (2000-2005) Eclipse
Mitsubishi-Forums.com - The UNOFFICIAL Mitsubishi Community This site is NOT affiliated in any way with Mitsubishi or any of it's subsidiaries. Our goal is to provide Mitsubishi owners an information outlet - a means to communicate with other Mitsubishi owners. It is simply a community where fans and owners can get the right information for tuning, customization and general discussions on anything about Mitsubishi. You'll find the answer to almost any question about your Mitsubishi in this site. If not, simply join and ask! We have many willing expert members just waiting to answer your questions.

Mitsubishi-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mitsubishi Motors.

Closed TopicStart new topic

Do you like Mitsubishi-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Door Panel Removal, Please Help the Noob!
Eclipse Novice
post Jan 6 2008, 07:12 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 50,471
Drives: 2002 Elclipse GS

How do you remove the door panel from a 2002 GS?

I've found a two panel screws plus one behind the latch handle. Does the thing just pop off and lift up or am I nissing other screws?

Help!
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
eclipseman2
post Jan 6 2008, 07:31 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 23,261
Drives: '01 Eclipse GT Sporty

You got all the screws i believe, but now around the edge of the panel there are little pop-rivet things.. start at the bottom of the door. Get your fingers in between the plastic panel and the metal door and pull out. If you cant fit your fingers in there, you can use something like a wall puddy spreader thing (haha im not actually sure what its called), just be sure to wrap the tool in fabric or something so you don't scratch up your door.

after that, just pull the entire panel up. It helps if you have the window down for this, but when you put the panel back on, i felt it easier if the window was rolled up a little bit. This helps line up the weather stripping that goes in between the glass and the door. Its kind of hard to explain, but once you get there, you'll know what i mean.

QuoteReply
Wraith04
post Jan 9 2008, 08:13 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 50,599
Drives: 2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

you can also pick up a tool that takes the panel off its rather handy because it will keep you from breaking the plastic pop-rivet's so that when you put it back on the panel wont be lose and rattle

QuoteReply
eclipseman2
post Jan 9 2008, 09:47 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 23,261
Drives: '01 Eclipse GT Sporty

If this tool is cheep, then hey.. ide go ahead and pick it up Eclipse Novice. But if its over $5, i wouldnt bother. Ive taken mine off many times (painting int. pieces, replaced window motor, replaced window bracket) and ive never had an issue with something not going back in correctly.

as with anything else, as long as you dont try to rush through it, youll be fine.

QuoteReply
Tmagi
post Sep 28 2008, 11:29 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 64,647
Drives: 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

use the tool to pop out the consle where the window switch and lock switch are then disconnect the wires from the consle. Next after you take the screw out from behind the door handle pop the door handle thing out too. After that come the handle where you just pop the gray things off the top and bottom. Under there you will find a bolt and screw which you just take out. Then come the other two screw and wala it pops off. And there this nice stereo install kit at walmart for only $15 and it has the panel tool wire cutters a tester and other useful things.

QuoteReply
Gvieweclipse
post Sep 29 2008, 08:42 AM
Post #6

Senior

Member No.: 62,936
Drives: 2000 Eclipse GT 5 spd.

Man my tool was $27.00 from Snap-On lol. It's already paid for itself though.

QuoteReply
Antinius
post Oct 3 2008, 10:04 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 59,579
Drives: 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

aww just remove the screws and inner door handle and rip that bitch off.... just make sure to unhook the inner door release

QuoteReply
  Advanced Search
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Closed TopicStart new topic
Get your Mitsubishi listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Door Issues
Door Holder
3 MPatrickC 738 6th August 2011 - 04:57 PM
Last post by: TW2005
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsDoor Handle Fiting
9 PP2 362 25th May 2011 - 09:23 AM
Last post by: PP2
No New Posts Door Panels
2 Athlon51423 807 27th May 2010 - 12:18 AM
Last post by: NickYar
No New Posts Door Handle Removal?
1 Jay Bullington 219 6th May 2010 - 10:16 PM
Last post by: SRSONE
No New Posts Door Lock Behavior
2 Thedoc 1,148 2nd April 2010 - 12:36 PM
Last post by: Thedoc

Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 01:43 AM
Mitsubishi-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mitsubishi Motors.
Privacy Statement