Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Mitsubishi-Forums.com > Mitsubishi Models > Endeavor Forum
Mitsubishi-Forums.com - The UNOFFICIAL Mitsubishi Community This site is NOT affiliated in any way with Mitsubishi or any of it's subsidiaries. Our goal is to provide Mitsubishi owners an information outlet - a means to communicate with other Mitsubishi owners. It is simply a community where fans and owners can get the right information for tuning, customization and general discussions on anything about Mitsubishi. You'll find the answer to almost any question about your Mitsubishi in this site. If not, simply join and ask! We have many willing expert members just waiting to answer your questions.

Mitsubishi-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mitsubishi Motors.

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Do you like Mitsubishi-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> 2004 Endeavor Catalyc Converter Nightmare!, Problem with 04 Endeavor catalyc conve..
EndeavorGuy
post Jan 12 2008, 09:05 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 50,773
Drives: 2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor

Well a few days ago my catalytic converter started giving off metalic shaking noises from inside. It sounds like something metal is shaking inside. I didnt notice the problem at first but the more the car heats up and more the sound given off. The sound gets horrible if i go above 2,000 rpm... It got really bad sounding really fast so i took it in for a check up... Well the repair guy told me the catalytic converter is damaged and i need a new one.. Well i said... ok.. catalytic converter.. around 200$ bucks ehh... ( i remember buying one a while back for my other car ) the guy said yes about that... He comes back to me in a few minutes and tell me that i cant just buy the catalytic converters by itself for the endeavor and that i have to buy the whole converter + pipeing and the cost is 1,500$... i was in fkin shock.. He showed me how mitsubishi made this just one part from the mainfold a pipe to the converter then from the converter a pipe all the way back to the muffler. THis is one pice and it costs 1,500.00!!

well i checked later the prices and he was correct...

Intermediate pipe, endeavor, 2wd includes Rear Catalytic Converter. 04-05 $1,472.38

holly ****... I cant just buy a fkin catalytic converter by itself i need to buy almost the whole fkin exhaust system (not including the muffler)... and the honestly truth is that i cant afford 1,500 + 500 labor = over 2,000$ to fix a fkin bs catalyc converter.. SO please does anyone know if i can buy some other catalyc converter cut the pipeing on my current exhaust and weld the new one inplace of the old one or do i need to buy the WHOLE FKIN system almost for 1,500.00$$$!!!!!!!!! ?? please help [the cars warrenty for this part expired at 36k im at 75k miles on the car right now]
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
DavidE
post Jan 16 2008, 10:07 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 30,632
Drives: 2006 Mitsu Endeavor LS AWD

I don't think that's unusual these days for any car. It definitely sucks, but I think that's the way most are made now.

Have you checked a junk yard for a used one?

QuoteReply
Tidge
post Aug 12 2008, 02:04 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 10,918
Drives: 2004 Endeavor XLS

Dude-

I hear you... my '04 Endeavor just hit 60,000 miles is rattling the same way... I suspect the cat as well..

However, if your vehicle has less than 80,000 miles and is less than 8 years old, the dealer HAS to replace the cat free of charge under the EPA's Emissions Warranty Act of 1995.

Go to your dealer and demand they cover it.

Dealers and repair shops know about this EPA mandated emissions warranty, so if you went to the dealer originally and the service guy said you weren't covered - he sandbagged you and I'd report him. If it was a local shop, he sandbagged you by trying to keep the work and charge you for it as opposed to telling you to go to the dealer and get it replaced for free.

-Chris

QuoteReply
  Advanced Search
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Mitsubishi listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts 2004 Gts Headlights? Help?!
Need help!
8 salernoj 115 21st September 2014 - 03:33 PM
Last post by: KiT TeUnG 2549
No New Posts 2004 Lancer Es Std Shift - Clutch Fail -options
Clutch failed on freeway (most likely)- 150 mi from home
2 iceknight 56 18th May 2014 - 07:57 PM
Last post by: iceknight
No New Posts 2004 Grandis Suspension And Light Ballast
1 japanvr4 934 1st July 2013 - 10:52 PM
Last post by: ferrari85
No New Posts 2004 Endeavor Limited - Question On Which Model 2004 Or 2004.5 I Have
2004 Endeavor Limited - Question on which model 2004 or 2004.5 I have
2 jkoelker01 558 7th June 2013 - 09:02 AM
Last post by: jkoelker01
No New Posts 2004 Galant Reading(map) Lights
changing the bulbs
1 eyebidder 576 6th May 2013 - 12:40 PM
Last post by: ppc6700freak

Time is now: 2nd October 2014 - 05:25 AM
Mitsubishi-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mitsubishi Motors.
Privacy Statement