Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Mitsubishi-Forums.com > Mitsubishi Models > Airtrek & Outlander Forum > 1G (2003-2006) Airtrek & Outlander
Mitsubishi-Forums.com - The UNOFFICIAL Mitsubishi Community This site is NOT affiliated in any way with Mitsubishi or any of it's subsidiaries. Our goal is to provide Mitsubishi owners an information outlet - a means to communicate with other Mitsubishi owners. It is simply a community where fans and owners can get the right information for tuning, customization and general discussions on anything about Mitsubishi. You'll find the answer to almost any question about your Mitsubishi in this site. If not, simply join and ask! We have many willing expert members just waiting to answer your questions.

Mitsubishi-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mitsubishi Motors.

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Do you like Mitsubishi-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Uk Lpg Outlander, just got one and have some questions!
recardo
post Jan 29 2008, 03:27 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 40,302
Drives: 04 Outlander 2.4 Mivec Equippe LPG, 03 Colt Attivo II

Hi

I've got a UK Outlander (2.4 Mivec auto) with the factory fitted/approved Pharos LPG system - anyone else here got one?

I'd like to know what size the LPG tank is and what sort of range it should have?

thanks!!

edit should have added for info: LPG said it was empty so filled up yesterday - only 20 litres (10 ish). I would have thought the tank was larger, now down near empty (again!) after only 60ish miles. Can any other owners pass on their exeriences of the LPG outlander?
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
crazy_horse_uk
post Feb 1 2008, 04:16 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 7,132
Drives: Mitsubishi Outlander Dual-Fuel 2004

Yes, I have the same car, an 04 LPG Outlander. Although the tank is nominally 75 litres, you will no doubt realise by now that generally speaking, you can only fill it to about 80% of the maximum. I've never got more than 62-63 litres in, and it is somewhat dependent on ambient temperature.

The factory-fit system does give you lots of warning, and starts 'slow' flashing 50 to 80 miles before you actually need to refill. Rapid flashing means you've switched to petrol and are 'empty' on LPG. A small tip here from experience - if it is rapid flashing, then manually switch to petrol (press the button and the green light goes out) before refilling with gas, otherwise you'll stall when pulling away from the pumps.

At the moment I'm getting about 24 mpg in mixed driving, which will go up to 25-26 in the summer, still 10% short of the official figures. Overinflating the tyres (see other postings) can help - I keep mine at about 35 psi. So the practical range would be 200-220 miles.

Hope this helps

chuk

QuoteReply
recardo
post Feb 1 2008, 07:47 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 40,302
Drives: 04 Outlander 2.4 Mivec Equippe LPG, 03 Colt Attivo II

thanks for the info! good to see I am not alone here! :grouphug:

Since posting I have established that the tank is 66ltr (Wet Capacity) from the install cert / handbook. managed to get a whopping 51ltrs in it today (have been running on petrol for 2 days), so I'll see how far that goes!

CH - have you had any issues with yours? are there any DIY checks or maintenance that can be done? Ive seen a few posts about dirty or clogged vapourisers on LPG systems - do you know where this in the Outlander and what it looks like?

cheers!

QuoteReply
crazy_horse_uk
post Feb 1 2008, 06:06 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 7,132
Drives: Mitsubishi Outlander Dual-Fuel 2004

Touch wood, I've never had any such problems. I've always had it dealer-serviced, and the only issue was in the early days with the valve seats. Getting the settings right for both LPG and petrol was apparently not straightforward and seemed to me a bit 'suck it and see', but it's been running great for 74K miles now.

chuk

QuoteReply
Youngone
post May 25 2008, 09:54 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 58,340
Drives: 2004 Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4 Sport Bi-Fuel

Hi Recardo,

I have just got an Outlander 2.4 Sport Bi-Fuel 04 last Tuesday. (Pharos LPG sytem)

The Owners handbook has no details on LPG system (Factory Fit) from your post you have some sort of instructions and specification.

Any chance of scanning relevant details and e-mailing to me please.

Trying to work out what should or should not be happening is a bit of a mind game.

Or anyone else know where appropriate instructions can be sourced.

LPG system seems to drop out and switch to petrol under hard cornering or heavy braking even when LPG tank quite full (shortly after fill up) I have worked out how to re-initialise LPG system by switching to petrol while green light is flashing rapidly by holding switch down and releasing so no light leaving a short while then holding button down for 10 secs light then flashes slowly before going solid green indicating running on LPG (I hope).

Any helpful advice greatfully received.

Thanks

Nigel

QuoteReply
decscom
post Jun 19 2008, 01:37 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 43,319
Drives: Mitsubishi Outlander

I had a similar problem with a similar cure, just a bit of a nuisance. The car was still under warranty so I asked the dealer to investigate. The dealer said the original lpg installer had gone out of business and so parts could not be sourced. So they replaced the whole system under warranty slightly over 12 months ago. I got the impression the new installer was doing a lot of outlanders under warranty. New system works great, only slight issue are the fuel gauge is not integrated so I have a separate lpg gauge and the tank is smaller I think 45l.

I guess you are out of warranty now but might be worth kicking up a fuss with Mitsubishi to see if they will help or as it is more an inconvenience carry on doing as you are.

QuoteReply
  Advanced Search
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Mitsubishi listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Uk 2010 Outlander Mmcs Mp3 Player Problems
4 Italianstallion 72 9th March 2014 - 10:03 PM
Last post by: bumpn
No New Posts Outlander Turbo Hood Scoop
Where to get?
6 brunoboy650 727 12th April 2013 - 04:22 PM
Last post by: hellstream
No New Posts Outlander 4wd Is Fishtailing On Snow
2 Rudi 782 12th February 2013 - 07:16 AM
Last post by: Rudi
No New Posts Outlander H&r Springs
Improve driveability
2 Bobfar 713 4th December 2012 - 08:46 AM
Last post by: SRSONE
No New Posts Outlander 2003 Aux 3.5mm Input Adapter Cable
2 goaway 404 6th July 2012 - 03:22 PM
Last post by: elgato1013

Time is now: 25th April 2014 - 12:00 AM
Mitsubishi-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mitsubishi Motors.
Privacy Statement