Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Mitsubishi-Forums.com > Mitsubishi Models > L200, Mighty Max, Strada & Triton Forum
Mitsubishi-Forums.com - The UNOFFICIAL Mitsubishi Community This site is NOT affiliated in any way with Mitsubishi or any of it's subsidiaries. Our goal is to provide Mitsubishi owners an information outlet - a means to communicate with other Mitsubishi owners. It is simply a community where fans and owners can get the right information for tuning, customization and general discussions on anything about Mitsubishi. You'll find the answer to almost any question about your Mitsubishi in this site. If not, simply join and ask! We have many willing expert members just waiting to answer your questions.

Mitsubishi-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mitsubishi Motors.

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Do you like Mitsubishi-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> How To Change Settings Of Central Lock Etc.
Triton-Alex
post Jul 26 2008, 11:26 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 61,726
Drives: 2008 Mitsubishi 2.5 Mega Cab 4x4

Hello,

Iīve read in the manual for the Triton L 200 (2008), that itīs possible to change several settings of the central lock system etc. - does anyone know how to do this ?

I not think there are jumper or something like this - may be you have to press and hold a button while switch on the ignition.....

Thx,

Alex
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
KiT TeUnG 2549
post Jul 27 2008, 12:38 AM
Post #2

Veteran
Group Icon

Group: Super Mod
Member No.: 58,134
Drives: 1997 Mitsubishi Diamante VR-S SUPER INVECS II , 1990 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 MR, 2006 Mitsubishi Triton PLUS 3.5 DOCH , 2001 Mitsubishi Galant GSR

SAWADEE KRUB!!! สวัสด

well there are way to do it. I have 2006 Triton Plus 3.5 4x4, i used my scanner systenm to change my central locking setting. Most reason is because it works with the alarm. There are many way yu can set it.mine are like this:

press UNLOCK button once/unlock driver door with key: just driver door unlock and entrance lights come on

Press UNLOCK button 2 time/turn key in driver door 2 time within 2 seconds : 2 frunt door unlock , entrance lights and running lights on

Hold UNLOCK 2 second / hold key unlock position 2 second : all 4 door unlock , entrance light and running lights on

Press LOCK/ Turn key to lock : all doors lock alarm active , 10 second horn chirp parking lamps flash twice

The reason most have to do it with a scanner because if the long process. I will look to see if there is a manual way to do it , but as for i kno there was not.

QuoteReply
Triton-Alex
post Jul 27 2008, 05:48 AM
Post #3

Hello again from Phuket,

thatīs what I mean - my Triton has 2 doors only, but I would like to change the central lock settings that after press the unlock button once only the drivers door is unlocked and if press the unlock button of the remote twice or longer both doors unlock - do you think this would be possible ?

If itīs only possible to change the settings for only the driver door is unlocked, how can open the passenger door ? Only by hand ?

A manual would be great :beer: :460: (Beer Chang)

By the way :

My alarm system is not a Mitsubishi genuine part - I use a "ABG-OEM" which works with the original key remote from the car.

Khrap khun mak khrap,
lagon

Alex

QuoteReply
KiT TeUnG 2549
post Jul 27 2008, 03:04 PM
Post #4

Veteran
Group Icon

Drives: 1997 Mitsubishi Diamante VR-S SUPER INVECS II , 1990 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 MR, 2006 Mitsubishi Triton PLUS 3.5 DOCH , 2001 Mitsubishi Galant GSR

Sawasdee Krub frum Chiang Mai!!!

I will look into it, i think there is a manual way. I have seen that unit before but not first hand. Yu use a factory Mitsubishi remote and key system? It works with the factory central locking correct?

I will check , i am sure there is a way to do it manually. I have a Triton PLUS 4dr , i changed mine , i have factory unit tho. . I press unlock one time and just driver door, and unlock 2 time both front door unlock. If it is similar to the Mitsubishi system , i am sure it can be change also.

I will check , i kno Renance system , makes an OEM system for Mitsubishi and yu can change the setting. It requires holding the unlock on the key pad and pressing teh driver door unlock. I will check.

Mai Bpen Rai Krub,
Lah Gaun :beer: :beer:

QuoteReply
Triton-Alex
post Jul 27 2008, 07:54 PM
Post #5

Good Morning,

yes the ABG-OEM 1-way alarmsystem works perfect. Iīve bought it here on Phuket in a accessory shop and they also fitted it (but after I made some changes for "look suai" :grin: & really secure). If you like to have the manual of this alarmsystem I could scan it for you and send you by mail (homepage: www.abg.co.th ).

I tried to get a genuine Mitsubishi alarm system, but you know the Thai car dealers, none of them had a car in stock includes this alarm system and at the end I bought my Triton in Bangkok and picked it up myself from the factory in Chonbury - may be it would have been possible to order the new car there incl. the alarm system but I shure you know how long I would have to wait for it, so I decide to buy the standard setup and fitt it out myself.

The prerequisite for order this alarm system was, that I can use the Mitsubishi key remote and not need a separate remote (I hate many keys etc. in my pocket).

For switch the alarm on/off & lock/unlock the doors I only have to use the genuine remote key was delivered with the car - there is no additional remote or switch to switch the alarm on/off. In the drivers door a additional electro mechanic cylinder was fitted which locks the drivers door (and in this way also the passengers door) if you switch on the ignition and press after this the first time the brake pedal. If you switch off the ignition and tear out the key this unit unlockes the doors.

The alarm starts if the bonnet opens, one of the doors open, the shock sensor start and if someone set a key in the ignition lock when the alarm system is activated.

The reset button I replaced by a reed switch, which I set behind the dashbord. If the system has any malfunction I have to set a small magnet near by this reed switch and switch on the ignition for reset the alarm system.

Now I think about to set one more switch at the rear gate (same as at the bonnet) to start the alarm if the rear gate is opened, what could protect the cargo there, because I am shure if someone wants to steel something heavy from the cargo area, he will open the rear gate.

Also I think about to install a central lock switch inside to open and close the doors without using the door knobs - do you know if this would be possible and where to connect the switch ?

Best regards from the south to the north,

Alex

QuoteReply
KiT TeUnG 2549
post Jul 27 2008, 11:11 PM
Post #6

Veteran
Group Icon

Well i never had an issue with any Thai dealer , LoL not cause im Thai or anything LoL. But i had not to order mine with the the full oem alarm and stand alone central locking system. Up here there are many parts available at the plants and places , no order that i have seen. I also have a Triton PLUS with quad doors as maybe to why i have the full alarm and central locking , ive seen all the 4 door Tritons have the alarm and locking system, as for many feature as yu can look in the Pajero form as i was discussing about a guys about auxilary inputs which are just like the 2007 up Pajeros , i have rear mounted auxillary jacks for audio video and changer , and selected models had active touch screen on the audio device up front and center mounted screen for viewing audio video (rear passengers)

Altho there are sum differance between 2006 down models and 2007 and up models as for anti theft. I have installed aftermarket direct replacments equivelant to Mitsubishi frum J-East or a direct Mitsubishi unit for clients. In all cases i have installed factory central locking actuators on the door locking latch with factory lock/unlock door modules. It wires up with teh factory door harness for a better fit and install and operating i think. Ive never liked the aftermarket lock/unlock cylinders yu have to drill to mount/ or mount in a near location of the door locking actuator. I have had customers that have meeh switch out for factory one , because after time they have had issue with the lock cylinder becoming stuck or jambed and the door wont lock or unlock or open.

The central locking actuator for the doors are actually quite non expensive i have found frum Mitsubishi or an oem replacment frum J-East that is exactlly like the Mitsubishi model.

As for seeing teh set up yu have i dun kno wut i will be able to find on that model. As for i kno about the J-East models and Mitsubishi models that use central locking door actuators. Wut i am meaning if i use my key to unlock my door , it can either unlock just my door , the 2 front doors or all 4 , depending on how its set. But this is via the BCM system of the central locking module that it works with the central locking door actuator that is on the 2 frunt doors. If the vehicle does not have stock power locks it does not have the main central locking feature for making adjustable set commands for the locking feature via remote or key in the doors lock cylinder.

But i will try and research this model , as for it may come up in later customers i have and i will be ready.

Kau Tauht na Krub.

QuoteReply
chain rattle
post Jul 28 2008, 07:43 PM
Post #7

Magna Buff
Group Icon

Member No.: 19,697
Drives: vt v6 commadore wagon

I am learning plenty from these posts

QuoteReply
Triton-Alex
post Jul 28 2008, 08:53 PM
Post #8

Goog morning !

For avoid missunderstandigs :

My Triton has stil all original central locking actuators and I use only the original Mitsubishi remote key.

Together with the alarmsystem only one more actuator for lock the doors after use the break the first time was fixed in the drivers door.

So I think it would be possible to change the central look settings like in a car with this alarmsystem but before change them I try to wait for further informations about how to unlock the passengers door if I set the system to open only the drivers door by pressing the open button once and I am in the car already and ingnition is "on".

Alex

QuoteReply
KiT TeUnG 2549
post Jul 29 2008, 12:15 AM
Post #9

Veteran
Group Icon

So it has factory power locks but no factory alarm system to unlock door? Also yu have keyless start?

Yes i understand that there is a new resited key design for the ignition in yur model versus mine. The ignition is always keyed , but yu need teh keyed remote for the immobilizer to allow the vehicle to start. That is apart frum teh actual alarm system and all models come with the immobilizer , just yurs is the latest form of it , versus mine which is a dioded removable key with a 3 button keypad.

As i understand yu do not have the factory market Antitheft system , but the aftermarket alarm that yu are using is similar and workable in many ways to the factory Mitsubishi unit and can work with a Mitsubishi remote transmitter for the oem Mitsubishi theft deterant unit?

Wut i am not getting is that yu added lock/unlock actuators to lock and unlock the doors? Correct? So factory powered locks it did not already have, or the factory ones were not operatable thru the aftermarket alarm yu had installed?

QuoteReply
Triton-Alex
post Jul 29 2008, 03:45 AM
Post #10

Sawasdee khrap Khun Kit,

yes everything in my Triton is original Mitsubishi (the key, the remote in the key, the power locks), only the alarmsystem is from ABG and includes one more powerlock which is fittited in the drivers door (in the drivers door are now 2 actuators, 1 original and 1 from ABG-alarm) and used for the security lock function only, what means that after you switch on the ignition and use the brake the first time this actuator lockes the drivers door and in this way the passengers door will be locked too - after switch off the ignition this actuator unlockes the drivers door and the passengers door in the same way if you would do this manual by hand.

Without the second additional actuator everything will work as well but only without the security lock function.

My Triton has no immobilizer from factory (or I donīt know about this), but the alarmsystem has a relay which disconnects the ignition if the alarm is switched on & I fitted a pedal lock (Locktec) which also disconnects the ignition (a second time) if the lock is closed.

Alex

QuoteReply
KiT TeUnG 2549
post Jul 29 2008, 12:31 PM
Post #11

Veteran
Group Icon

Sawasdee Krub Koon Alex,

Do not worry we all plainly speak english here, that way others with similar issues can read and learn , i always greet anyone frum Thailand in Thai wether they are Thai or Not , as in yur case hence the signature yu have LoL.

All to most systems up of 96 has immobilizer (asia pacific and european mitsubishi models), 2001 and up all feature Immobilizer Technology , yurs feature the 3rd generation of immobilizer technology with a chipped key fob and non removable ignition key. It has a frequency radius to which it will enable or disable the engine runability.

I have wonder why the seperate driver door lock actuator to be used? I have wired up many systems to operate with pre existing Mitsubishi components. The power lock and central locking controler could have been easily used if the alarm is OEM compatible, i think the alarm that is fitted uses a frequncy of a factory remote but is not am OEM replacement or replica in any way.

If it was a direct fit , there would have no need to use a driver door locking/unlocking actuator to lock the drivers door and permit the central locking system to lock/unlock the passenger door accordingly. An OEM replica would have used teh already set up power locking and central locks system. Ive seen other aftermarkets also use tehe factory central locking systems without the hasstle of fitting a seperate locking/lock actuator to control the other locks. It seems this alarm created just more un necessary wiring work.

As well as the accelerator pedal rest switch and the pre existing braking switch. If it was an alarm using the factory BCM central locking module (directly wired to it) then it would have been likely to alter the feature, The reason yu cannot in yur case do this is because the seperate installed lock/locking actuator is just overiding and basically unlocking the driver door in a fascion that the driver door actuator and central locking module for the power locks is recognizing as a "key in door unlock"

QuoteReply
Triton-Alex
post Jul 29 2008, 10:23 PM
Post #12

Sawasdee Khrap Khun Kit,

khun sabei dee mai khrap ?

I checked the manual again and saw the alarm system is called "OEM Upgrade" but not understand why ABG uses a separate actuator for the security lock function only and not use the original. It was a lot of work to fix it in the door + bring the cable inside the car.

The alarm system uses the electrical signal output of the original remote system receiver not the frequency and there is not built in immobilizer.

However the alarm system is working fine together with the original units.
Attached you will find the manual (the section of the OEM Upgrade type only).

I openend the remote key a the moment and saw the area, where usually the small inductor coil is placed is empty. I also saw that there is a third button, but only 2 of the 3 buttons are used - do you know for what this could be used ?

Do you think it will be possible to change the central lock settings with this installation ?

Best regards form HKT to CM

Alex

By the way :

Do you know how to remove the cover of the LCD ? I read somewhere you only have to slide it towards you, but I am shure itīs locked somewhere and not want to brake the plastic hooks.

I removed it today, but one of the clips broke - thatīs the same clips like at the cover under the steer and I fixed it.

I found 2 photos about this subject in internet already (attachment) is it really easy to remove the cover without break something ?
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Triton_LCD.jpg ( 51.26K ) Number of downloads: 46
Attached File  ABG_Alarm_OEM_Upgrade_TC222.pdf ( 256.25K ) Number of downloads: 45
Attached File  Triton_LCD_Cover.jpg ( 47.05K ) Number of downloads: 44

QuoteReply
Triton-Alex
post Aug 2 2008, 07:01 PM
Post #13

Good morning Khun Kit,

unfortunatelly for a long time I not hear from you.

Meanwhile I made some changes in the additional wirering and now would come to the point to change the settings of the central lock system.

For have a better overview of the possible settings, I have created a summary of what you have posted about this subject - could you please check it and answer if it is correct or not before I start to change the settings and may be do something completely wrong ?

Settings for press remote UNLOCK button 1 time to unlock the drivers door only, press 2 times for unlock all doors & entrance lights on :
Press remote UNLOCK button 1 time & turn key in drivers door in UNLOCK direction

Settings for press remote UNLOCK button 1 time to unlock the front doors only & entrance lights + running lights on :
Press remote UNLOCK button 2 times & turn key in drivers door in UNLOCK direction
2 times within 2 seconds

Settings for press remote UNLOCK button 1 time to unlock all doors & entrance lights + running lights on :
Hold remote UNLOCK button for 2 seconds & hold key in drivers door in UNLOCK position for 2 seconds

Settings for all doors locked & alarm active + 10 seconds horn chirp + parking lamps flash twice :
Press remote LOCK button one time & turn key in drivers door to in LOCK direction

May be our system is not exactly the same like in my car, because your L200 is a older model but 3.2 L 4 door limited edition with full option and mine is a 2.5 L with 2 doors from 2008, but before start to change something I will try to enshure that there are no missunderstandings.

Thx in advance,

Alex

QuoteReply
KiT TeUnG 2549
post Aug 3 2008, 10:54 PM
Post #14

Veteran
Group Icon

As stated , the procedure is the list as followed for using a Data Tech Scanner to reprogram the Central Locking BCM . The manual way is almost identical also.

The main thing is that if yu had the locking module wiring that goes to teh seperate lock/unlock solenoid wired to yur factory lock system , even at the door lock module it would be more linear and the settings would be a breeze. I was saying earlier , and i tripped up , an accident. The first central locking as in my Galant VR-4 , when yu unlock the driver door all the doors unlock , and vice versa. My 1997 Diamante VR-S and my Triton Plus , when yu unlock the driver door with the key , yu can set the BCM not to unlock all the doors. My Diamante VR-S and my Triton PLUS when i unlock teh drivers door , just that door unlocks , and when i turned the key twice to unlock within 2 seconds all the doors would unlock. Ive seen sum other Diamante's my year that all teh doors unlock when yu turn the key unlock. But it settable.

Now yur lock actuator that yu installed is hooked to the inside door lock/unlock rod or the outside door lock unlock rod?

QuoteReply
Triton-Alex
post Aug 4 2008, 11:43 PM
Post #15

Hi Kit,

the additional actuator is connected mechanical with the inside lock/unlock knob of the drivers door.

Yesterday I tried to change the settings like on the list, but unfortunatelly nothing changed.

After this I visited the Mitsubishi garage for program a copy of my remote key and asked there for change the setting with the service computer, but they told me they wouldīnt know how to do this and also not that itīs possible to change the settings. :crying: - so may I will have to live with the factory settings.

Best regards from Phuket,

Alex

QuoteReply
KiT TeUnG 2549
post Aug 5 2008, 11:05 PM
Post #16

Veteran
Group Icon

Sawasdee Krub Koon Alex , Sabai Dee mai ?

Factory settings are changeble but require a scanner like the ones i use in my shop. It just requires teh function of entering settings in teh systems BCM , just like to reprogram immobilizer and otehr standard settings within the vehicles BCM.

Altho being teh second lock/unlock actuator yu have put on it would not work for the alarm because of its hooked to the inside locking rod . It would onlee work on teh door with a ey.

QuoteReply
Triton-Alex
post Aug 6 2008, 07:23 AM
Post #17

Sawasdee khrap khun Kit,

phom sabei dee -hope you too :thumbsup:

Thx for the response - the key moves the original lock in the drivers door - the difference is only that the additional actuator is move also. This additional actuator is only actvated by the security lock system from the ABG alarm system - no more.

If itīs not possible to change the setting I also can live without the changes - mai pen rai.

Today I fitted rear spotlight (Brand : Fitt), lookes (suai maak maak) and works perfekt, but the wirering was a lot of work, because Iīv done it "perfect"and the power supply cable is connected over a fuse directly with the battery, so you know how much work it was to bring the cable there.

I bought the spotlight on Phuket for THB 1,500.- - in the internet "Auto Planet Bangkok" I saw them for THB 1,300,- incl. shiiping by EMS.

Was the price o.k. and it seem like you have a shop yourself in CM - would it be possible to order the next accessories from you ?

Best regards from Phuket,
lagon

Alex

QuoteReply
KiT TeUnG 2549
post Aug 8 2008, 12:44 PM
Post #18

Veteran
Group Icon

Sawasdee Krub ,

Yes good job on the light and yes i kno how much work is to get things Sooay Mahk Mah , LoL. I am that way , i like to look best , and nothing hanging or out of place. Sure yu can , we order things all the time , lots of performance and outfitter things. As i am in many rally and events off road. I also get lots of my outfitter gear frum JAOS , as in the pic of my truck yu can see on my skid plate on the truck.

Ive looked but there is not much any way to change the setting , even if yu change the BCM setting the actuator will still make the other door unlock because it is attached to the inside lock rod.

Hope i can help with anything else. Ive been really busy refitting my truck for a rally and an event weve had i havent been able to dissasemble my lower dash tray to show yu the fitted 12v wire with a 30 amp in teh inside fuse panel. I wish to get it or a diagram of the interior trim .

QuoteReply
  Advanced Search
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Mitsubishi listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsHow To Change Manual Gear Box Oil (2,2 Liters) In My Galant V6 1998
1 ngjbtf 41 23rd July 2014 - 02:18 PM
Last post by: KiT TeUnG 2549
No New Posts How Green Flag Uses The Mitsubishi Canter
0 Kyna Mavies 130 10th July 2014 - 04:11 AM
Last post by: Kyna Mavies
No New Posts To Rebuild Or Not. Evo 4g63t Engines.
What would you do?
1 Jnic0 124 2nd July 2014 - 09:59 AM
No New Posts Torque Shudder?
5 mdwman 214 19th June 2014 - 10:24 AM
No New Posts Central Locking Unit Wire
2 H. Ottesen 186 9th June 2014 - 11:22 AM

Time is now: 19th August 2014 - 11:51 PM
Mitsubishi-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mitsubishi Motors.
Privacy Statement