Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Mitsubishi-Forums.com > Mitsubishi Models > L200, Mighty Max, Strada & Triton Forum
Mitsubishi-Forums.com - The UNOFFICIAL Mitsubishi Community This site is NOT affiliated in any way with Mitsubishi or any of it's subsidiaries. Our goal is to provide Mitsubishi owners an information outlet - a means to communicate with other Mitsubishi owners. It is simply a community where fans and owners can get the right information for tuning, customization and general discussions on anything about Mitsubishi. You'll find the answer to almost any question about your Mitsubishi in this site. If not, simply join and ask! We have many willing expert members just waiting to answer your questions.

Mitsubishi-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mitsubishi Motors.

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Do you like Mitsubishi-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> L200 Power Loss
l200_al
post Aug 1 2008, 03:26 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 62,063
Drives: 2002 L200 4Life

Hi all, new on here so be gentle with me :grin:

I have a 52 plate (2002) L200 4Life and to day experienced a rather large power loss whilst towing.

I had a trailer of hay on the back, about 100 bales for the farm types amongst us :grin: , and to start with could not get above approx 40 mph, after a while the engine check lamp came on (bottom left of instrument panel, engine shaped symbol?), and power dropped enough to slow me to 20 mph. I stopped and checked the simple things like air filter and the fuel filter drain, as well as a visual inspection of the boost hoses and vacuum lines - nothing instantly recognisable as a fault.

After switching off the engine and restarting, the inspection lamp went off. The engine revs freely to the red line - no problem - so swapped loads for an empty trailer and progressed back to base. On the way back, it cruised happily at 60 mph with no problems.

Does anyone have any pointers as to where to start looking as the truck will be needed quite a lot over the next few weeks
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
chain rattle
post Aug 1 2008, 05:32 PM
Post #2

Magna Buff
Group Icon

Group: Super Mod
Member No.: 19,697
Drives: vt v6 commadore wagon

:00000732: to the forums

lack of power under load problem check

spark plugs/ the leads / dissy cap

if a diesel

engine timing

QuoteReply
Triton-Alex
post Aug 1 2008, 08:56 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 61,726
Drives: 2008 Mitsubishi 2.5 Mega Cab 4x4

May be itīs a problem of the sensor which checks the airtemperature for the turbo which is called air-mass flow sensor.

The best will be you contact the Mitsubishi garage, they connect the diagnosis system with your car and read the error memory.

Alex

QuoteReply
Avinash
post Sep 12 2008, 08:34 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 50,350
Drives: 2007 L200 Sportero

I recently had my engine light come on, Mitsu dealer changed the fuel filter but light came back on. Then Mitsu dealer ran a diagnostics and found no error code stored on ECU (or so they say). Mitsu dealer test drove vehile until light came on again. Diagnostics showed a lack of vacuum. I specifically asked if the EGR valve was getting carbon build-up. The mechanic said something like that, they removed a part and sprayed it... I strongly suspect the EGR valve. I am only doing 25000 kms and got this problem.

When engine light is on the A/C does not kool and the van does not want to go faster than 90km/hr. If i turn the ignition key on and off a few times and the engine light does eventually go off then the van has all the power again.

QuoteReply
Ahaggar
post May 25 2009, 02:48 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 71,668
Drives: L200 CC MJ 2004

Hello to all

I know this is an old thread but the Problem is that i have the same problem with my 2004 L200.
We are trying to find a solution but haven`t been that lucky by now.

Did you get any new informations?

Thanks and I`m sorry for my english, my german is much better. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laughing.gif)

Markus

QuoteReply
KiT TeUnG 2549
post May 27 2009, 11:27 AM
Post #6

Veteran
Group Icon

Member No.: 58,134
Drives: 1997 Mitsubishi Diamante VR-S SUPER INVECS II , 1990 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 MR, 2006 Mitsubishi Triton PLUS 3.5 DOCH , 2001 Mitsubishi Galant GSR

A slightly off or loose fitting on the charge air boost piping to the cooler will do this. Ive seen it on models that are used to tow and haul aloty, and have worn up engine mounts , that cause excessive movement of the charge air piping , causing charge air loss under loads with the turbo putting out a good amount of charge air boost.

Also check the connection and operation of the air recirculation valve and charge boost actuator.

QuoteReply
Ahaggar
post May 28 2009, 11:12 AM
Post #7

Hi

It`s funny this prob is only on european modells. German boards are full with people who have this troubles.
So I think this is really a software thing.

Thanks for the other possibillities but the Aircooler fittings are ok and my recycling valve is set out of funktion as on every
other truck bevore. No need for my Truck to get recycled air.

The point is that the aktivating valve for the turbo is a little bit slow working and that causes to high pressure and then the elektronik
makes an emergency shutdown. We are still working on a solution without touching the ECU.

i also hope that the modification will give my Truck a slightly better fuel milaege (is this the right word for MpG)

by

Markus

QuoteReply
KiT TeUnG 2549
post May 28 2009, 12:28 PM
Post #8

Veteran
Group Icon

Member No.: 58,134
Drives: 1997 Mitsubishi Diamante VR-S SUPER INVECS II , 1990 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 MR, 2006 Mitsubishi Triton PLUS 3.5 DOCH , 2001 Mitsubishi Galant GSR

Air Reccirculation , not RECYCLE , in means of charge air bypass/boost bypass. Its when charge air is coming in and teh throttle plate gets closed and the charge air boost recirculation valve will bypass the charge air into the lower charge stream and not build pressure in the air charge pipe.

Wastegate activation is solenoid enables and vacuum. Low vacuum pressure / vacuum leak will cause a low reaction of the wastegate enable valve. Which vacuum check valve issue , wastegate valve leak , many things can cause that.

QuoteReply
Ahaggar
post May 30 2009, 04:21 PM
Post #9

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/blush-anim-cl.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blush-anim-cl.gif) Sorry, i didn`t read well (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blush-anim-cl.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blush-anim-cl.gif)

At the moment I`m working me through the parts, but today was the weather warm and sunny, a good reason
for driving with the Motorcycle, leaving the Truck alone with his troubles. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laughing.gif)

QuoteReply
  Advanced Search
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Mitsubishi listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Loss Of Power
5 paulfender 307 16th May 2014 - 03:32 PM
Last post by: chain rattle
No New Posts Power Antenna
2 johnny37 236 31st March 2014 - 10:14 PM
Last post by: KiT TeUnG 2549
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsPower Windows
6 rudelac 1,217 18th April 2013 - 06:09 PM
Last post by: KiT TeUnG 2549
No New Posts L200, Year 2000, Shifting To L
1 Sweet L200 1,278 2nd April 2013 - 11:33 PM
Last post by: xrxaa01
No New Posts L200 Fuel Pump Filter/strainer
3 Alpha Bravo 1,809 5th April 2012 - 08:05 AM
Last post by: Avinash

Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 09:09 PM
Mitsubishi-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mitsubishi Motors.
Privacy Statement