Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Mitsubishi-Forums.com > Mitsubishi Models > Montero, Challenger, Pajero & Shogun Forum
Mitsubishi-Forums.com - The UNOFFICIAL Mitsubishi Community This site is NOT affiliated in any way with Mitsubishi or any of it's subsidiaries. Our goal is to provide Mitsubishi owners an information outlet - a means to communicate with other Mitsubishi owners. It is simply a community where fans and owners can get the right information for tuning, customization and general discussions on anything about Mitsubishi. You'll find the answer to almost any question about your Mitsubishi in this site. If not, simply join and ask! We have many willing expert members just waiting to answer your questions.

Mitsubishi-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mitsubishi Motors.

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Do you like Mitsubishi-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Pajero Io Oxygen Senor
Snuffy
post May 12 2009, 09:18 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 65,549
Drives: 2001 Mitsubishi Pajero IO

Hi, I'm trying to locate a front oxygen sensor for a 1.8GDI 2000/01 pajero IO, Chasis:H76W, Engine:4G93. My vehicle is rough idling: revs falling to almost zero and then rising up to about 800rpm causing the engine to tremble and the mechanic thinks the prob is a faulty O2 sensor. Other probs include hard starting and a violent surge when i put the vehicle in drive. U can email me at asap13@hotmail.com

Thanks for any help, i'm getting desperate lol
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
Bohman731
post May 12 2009, 09:26 AM
Post #2

Senior

Group: Banned
Member No.: 46,261
Drives: ****1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 420a turbo **** The DSM Prayer Our DSM's, who art in the driveway, hallowed be thy name. Thy speed has come, thy will never be done, on the road as it is on the mind. Give us this day, our daily beauty, and forgive us our speeding, as we forgive those who drive slow. Lead us not into incarceration, but deliver us from the Five-0. Amen

maybe try the pajero section. this is the eclipse section

QuoteReply
bueshy
post May 12 2009, 05:28 PM
Post #3

Senior

Member No.: 34,945
Drives: 99 Eclipse N/T (w/turbo)

you may want to take you car to the shop cuz if you cant locate the right section of this forum then you have no chance of finding the front o2 sensor

QuoteReply
calin666
post May 12 2009, 06:25 PM
Post #4

Alien

Member No.: 58,897
Drives: 1995 Eclipse GS

Wrong place.
Thank you for playing, try again.
Moved.

QuoteReply
Benckj
post May 13 2009, 04:03 PM
Post #5

Expert

Member No.: 2,513
Drives: 2006 Pajero 3.8l MIVEC

Doubt if it is an O2 sensor fault. If this sensor fails the system goes into open loop mode and you run a bit rich.

I would think it either has a throttle AFM fault or another common problem is intermittant electrical connects from the ECU to all the engine sensors. Try removing each electrical coupler and cleaning with some emery cloth and contact cleaner. You may find that this simple tip solves all sorts of funny problems.

One other comment I'd like to make is downloading the diagnostic fault codes from the ECU. If your mechanic has not done this and is only guesiing at what he thinks is wrong I'd look for another mechanic. I'm not really a fan or people who like to parts swap at your expense.

Jim

QuoteReply
Luisfer.ad
post May 13 2009, 09:23 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 52,820
Drives: 1999 Mitsubishi Pajero IO

QUOTE (Benckj @ May 13 2009, 05:03 PM) *
Doubt if it is an O2 sensor fault. If this sensor fails the system goes into open loop mode and you run a bit rich.

I would think it either has a throttle AFM fault or another common problem is intermittant electrical connects from the ECU to all the engine sensors. Try removing each electrical coupler and cleaning with some emery cloth and contact cleaner. You may find that this simple tip solves all sorts of funny problems.

One other comment I'd like to make is downloading the diagnostic fault codes from the ECU. If your mechanic has not done this and is only guesiing at what he thinks is wrong I'd look for another mechanic. I'm not really a fan or people who like to parts swap at your expense.

Jim

Agree with Benckj, this problem seems to be more about Throttle AFM.. i would strongly suggest a maintenance to the throttle body, this is a replacement guide http://www.mitsubishi-forums.com/t41942-sh...ement-guide.htm but it would give you the basic reference about this part.

Luisfer.

QuoteReply
Snuffy
post May 14 2009, 10:12 PM
Post #7

hey thanks for the help, the link was interesting will give it a try this weekend and let u know how it goes

QuoteReply
Snuffy
post May 27 2009, 01:48 PM
Post #8

hi, i had the trottle body serviced and the connections cleaned but im still idling erratically. My hydraulic lifters/adjusters are really noisy and my new mechanic thinks that they could be causing the problem. Based on what i read in the manual i personally thought it was the air flow sensor or the trottle body but both these were checked and cleared. Just wanted ur opinion on this new diagnostic, do u think the adjusters could cause erratic idling?

Thanks in advance

Rommel

QuoteReply
KiT TeUnG 2549
post May 27 2009, 04:51 PM
Post #9

Veteran
Group Icon

Group: Super Mod
Member No.: 58,134
Drives: 1997 Mitsubishi Diamante VR-S SUPER INVECS II , 1990 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 MR, 2006 Mitsubishi Triton PLUS 3.5 DOCH , 2001 Mitsubishi Galant GSR

Was there any code that yu got? As in engine performance , system lean bank 1 sensor 1 or anything like that. There are lots of things that can cause that issue and not directly be the HO2Sensor. As in the model yu have is an HO2S , not an O2S . HO2S do not dramatically fail as fast as the older non heated O2Sensors. Depending the engine series , 4G93 had a version with auto hydraulic valve lifters while many other models did not. The majority were manually adjustable. On the GDI engine a few things can cause an erratic idle , which will not as much make that big a differance on regular petrol models. A vacuum leak is one. This will cause unequal air to fuel ratio and higher than normal air volumes into certain cylinders. Thus burning to lean in certain cylinders and making the idle , rough and uneven , erratic , and also would set a engine performance code , such as system lean bank one , or the frunt HO2S.

Also an extremely clogged fuel filter. Spark Plugs. One main thing that can also , which would ve very noticable on teh GDI engine , is if an model with hydraulic valve lifters , and a few of them have failed , it would cause unequal volumes of air to enter the cylinders , thus an erratic idle etc. Or if the manual adjustment is disrupted , or needs to be readjusted or set , or if the lock nut for the adjustment has backed off , , this would also cause as with the hydraulic lifters , noisy valvetrain operation and also an erratic idle.

QuoteReply
Benckj
post May 27 2009, 04:51 PM
Post #10

Expert

Member No.: 2,513
Drives: 2006 Pajero 3.8l MIVEC

Having noisey lifters generally will not cause eratic idle problems unless they are really bad. If this was the case you would have many problems at all RPM's especially when under load.

Another common problem is with the fuel supply. Many owners have found partially clogged filters in the pump and engine. I'd check and replace these plus measure your fuel pressure from the pump as there have been several reported cases of air getting into system fro leaking O rings or lines.

It is also a good idea to really look over the engine for vacuum leakes as this can show as poor idle. Old trick is to use a butane lighter and release the gas (don't ignite) and slowly circulate around your engine bay by any vacuum lines. If the idle suddenly increases you have found the leak!

jim

QuoteReply
vallk
post Jul 12 2009, 09:42 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 36,716
Drives: 1999 mitsubishi pajero gdi

Hi Guys,

How often would you have to change or replace your ignition coils or spark plugs on a 1.8GDI 1999 pajero IO, Engine:4G93.

regards

Val

QuoteReply
Luisfer.ad
post Jul 21 2009, 10:09 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 52,820
Drives: 1999 Mitsubishi Pajero IO

it's most depend on wich type of spark plug are you using.. ? iridium sparks are most Hard and last long, however also are the most expensive.

QuoteReply
vallk
post Jul 28 2009, 10:49 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (vallk @ Jul 12 2009, 10:42 PM) *
Hi Guys,

How often would you have to change or replace your ignition coils or spark plugs on a 1.8GDI 1999 pajero IO, Engine:4G93.

regards

Val

QuoteReply
vallk
post Jul 28 2009, 10:50 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (Luisfer.ad @ Jul 21 2009, 11:09 PM) *
it's most depend on wich type of spark plug are you using.. ? iridium sparks are most Hard and last long, however also are the most expensive.

And the ignition coils should be repaced every?

QuoteReply
  Advanced Search
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Mitsubishi listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Oxygen Sensor
3 tabhuss 171 25th May 2014 - 11:22 AM
Last post by: KiT TeUnG 2549
No New Posts Pajero Junior 1.1
4 Tomek 161 21st May 2014 - 11:29 PM
Last post by: bumpn
No New Posts Pajero Vinyl Foil Wrapping
Wrapping the car with foil
4 doublecheese 203 16th April 2014 - 05:21 AM
Last post by: doublecheese
No New Posts Pajero 2009 Starting Problem
2 eng.smsm 1,050 15th October 2013 - 03:50 PM
Last post by: Benckj
No New Posts Pajero 3.8p Model Questions
I'm back !!
2 Benckj 1,056 28th May 2012 - 11:55 PM
Last post by: Benckj

Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 08:06 AM
Mitsubishi-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mitsubishi Motors.
Privacy Statement