Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Mitsubishi-Forums.com > Mitsubishi Models > Galant Forum > 8G (1999-2003) Galant
Mitsubishi-Forums.com - The UNOFFICIAL Mitsubishi Community This site is NOT affiliated in any way with Mitsubishi or any of it's subsidiaries. Our goal is to provide Mitsubishi owners an information outlet - a means to communicate with other Mitsubishi owners. It is simply a community where fans and owners can get the right information for tuning, customization and general discussions on anything about Mitsubishi. You'll find the answer to almost any question about your Mitsubishi in this site. If not, simply join and ask! We have many willing expert members just waiting to answer your questions.

Mitsubishi-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mitsubishi Motors.

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Do you like Mitsubishi-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Spark Plug Change For V6
galantftw
post Feb 20 2010, 10:33 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 80,407
Drives: 2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES V6 3.0

Alright, so i changed the first 3 spark plugs in my car and now i got to get the other 3 which im pretty sure are under the intake manifold. How would I take off the manifold to change those spark plugs or should i just take it to a dealer.
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
Dirtybomb
post Feb 21 2010, 02:52 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 69,708
Drives: 96 eagle talon 420A Turbo

QUOTE (galantftw @ Feb 21 2010, 02:06 AM) *
alright, i'd be fine doing it, i just need some instructions first. would you need to replace the seals at all. This is my first car, so I'm learning the ropes

Anytime you remove something with a gasket or a seal, you will need to replace it.

torque down the bolts to the rights spec.

Always remember. Your only as good as your tools!

QuoteReply
SRSONE
post Feb 21 2010, 07:08 PM
Post #3

Veteran

Member No.: 59,794
Drives: 2007 OUTLANDER ES with the v6 and the 6 speed(no flappy paddles),2001 kia rio,1979 chevy k20 stepside

there are no seals or anything ...

all u might need to change would be the plenum gasket...but they usually can be reused if it isnt too bad looking

everything else is just bolts and brakets and unplugging sensors

QuoteReply
KiT TeUnG 2549
post Feb 23 2010, 11:17 PM
Post #4

Veteran
Group Icon

Group: Super Mod
Member No.: 58,134
Drives: 1997 Mitsubishi Diamante VR-S SUPER INVECS II , 1990 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 MR, 2006 Mitsubishi Triton PLUS 3.5 DOCH , 2001 Mitsubishi Galant GSR

ITS FUN!!

Okies , this is an Mitsubishi 6A13 SOCH 24v intake plenum frum a 1997 Mitsubishi Galant 6A13 2.5 . Mitsubishi 6A1 and 6G7 engines have the same SOCH 24v heads and intake manifolds and plenums. So this will be the same for the USA Mitsubishi 6G72 Galant.

In the first pic , the red circles are where screws that need be removed. the ones on the far end of the plenum are nuts and the rest are bolts. All with a 12MM socket. The arrow is pointing to a far off one. The red coloured bolt is on most models and is bolted to a brace bar on the secondary stabilizer . On the 6G73 and 6G72 it bolts to a bar that connects to the engine mount.

In the second pic , the light blue circles are where the throttle cable and body ground wire bolt onto (10MM bolts) . The dark blue circles are where there is an plenum support bracket bolts to the back of the intake plenum , also 12MM bolts. The red circles are for the 2 (12MM) bolts that secure the Exhaust gas bypass pipe frum the exhaust to the intake plenum. Standing in frunt the vehicle , on the left side the plenum will be a bracket with secondary air bypass valve , and other solenoids which will vary for american models but they can stay on the plenum , juss disconnect the wiring and vacuum hoses that leave the plenum completely and the cruise control vacuum actuator hose.

On the last pic the red circle , is on the opposite side of the plenum , . its a 12MM bolt for a plenum stabilizer bracket.

Usually i unbolt the throttle body frum the plenum , doing away with the hastle of undoing the coolant bypass hoses that goes to the throttle body on models that have them. Make sure not to loose the thin metal gasket that seals the EGG connector pipe when removing the bolts

Attached File(s)
Attached File  6A13_Plenum.jpeg ( 141.52K ) Number of downloads: 110
Attached File  6A13_Plenum_1.jpeg ( 138.3K ) Number of downloads: 100
Attached File  6A13_Plenum_2.jpeg ( 96.37K ) Number of downloads: 86

QuoteReply
SRSONE
post Feb 23 2010, 11:30 PM
Post #5

Veteran

Member No.: 59,794
Drives: 2007 OUTLANDER ES with the v6 and the 6 speed(no flappy paddles),2001 kia rio,1979 chevy k20 stepside

QUOTE (KiT TeUnG 2549 @ Feb 23 2010, 11:17 PM) *
ITS FUN!!

it is until u forget too plug the injector harness in and have too take it all apart again...... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grin.gif)

QuoteReply
  Advanced Search
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Mitsubishi listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Change Battery Remote Key
remote key lancer 2008
2 mlacayo 434 21st September 2012 - 09:50 AM
Last post by: mlacayo
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsSpark Plug Guide Seals?
1 earpon 662 29th February 2012 - 10:03 PM
Last post by: earpon
No New Posts Spark Plugs!
Have we found a verdict??
22 gottligm 1,964 14th October 2011 - 11:52 AM
Last post by: gottligm
No New Posts For Sale: Custom Sub Box
10" fiberglass sub box
2 Dubsound 488 23rd July 2011 - 06:55 AM
Last post by: Dubsound
No New Posts Spark Plugs
1 andy2b 803 14th May 2011 - 05:55 PM
Last post by: andy2b

Time is now: 21st September 2014 - 11:11 PM
Mitsubishi-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mitsubishi Motors.
Privacy Statement