Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Mitsubishi-Forums.com > Mitsubishi Models > Endeavor Forum
Mitsubishi-Forums.com - The UNOFFICIAL Mitsubishi Community This site is NOT affiliated in any way with Mitsubishi or any of it's subsidiaries. Our goal is to provide Mitsubishi owners an information outlet - a means to communicate with other Mitsubishi owners. It is simply a community where fans and owners can get the right information for tuning, customization and general discussions on anything about Mitsubishi. You'll find the answer to almost any question about your Mitsubishi in this site. If not, simply join and ask! We have many willing expert members just waiting to answer your questions.

Mitsubishi-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mitsubishi Motors.

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Do you like Mitsubishi-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Should I Change The Fluid In My 2004 Endeavor Transmission?
aquathos1980
post Mar 10 2010, 11:53 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 82,894
Drives: 2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor

I bought a 2004 Endeavor with 85000 miles. I am not sure if the transmission fluid has EVER been changed so I am unsure if I should change it at this point. I have hear that once you change fluid at high miles it really messes up the transmission so I am curious as to what other Endeavor owners say.

A side note and may be related. For the last couple of weeks I have noticed that whenever I am on the road and traveling say 35-65 miles per hour and go to pass someone, when I step on the gas and the car goes to downshift it starts to downshift then hesitates DRASTICALLY like it is wanting to downshift but cant. If I do not push hard on the gas it will downshift with no problems. Would a fluid change help the transmission? Any ideas what could be causing this? It just won't downshift when pushed hard. I am not abusing it, but I want to know what I could do to fix this. Anyone else have a similar problem?
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
SRSONE
post Mar 10 2010, 11:56 AM
Post #2

Veteran

Member No.: 59,794
Drives: 2007 OUTLANDER ES with the v6 and the 6 speed(no flappy paddles),2001 kia rio,1979 chevy k20 stepside

i would do a full flush with all new mitsu tranny fluid only.......

also disconnect the battery after and reset the computer then drive normally

QuoteReply
bumpn
post Mar 10 2010, 12:30 PM
Post #3

Expert
Group Icon

Group: Super Mod
Member No.: 77,271
Drives: 1991 mitsubishi 3000 gt vr4 twin turbo awd

QUOTE (SRSONE @ Mar 10 2010, 11:56 AM) *
i would do a full flush with all new mitsu tranny fluid only.......

also disconnect the battery after and reset the computer then drive normally

fluid flush seems to be a good idea if you have that many miles on it!! what is the condition of the fluid that is in it now?

QuoteReply
jcosmejr
post Apr 19 2010, 10:22 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 58,297
Drives: 2004 Endeavor 2002 Lancer

I concur with the above suggestions. When I started with Mitsubishi's all I ever heard was make sure that you flush the fluid at the recommended intervals and make sure that you only use MITSUBISHI ATF Fluid. From my research of the years Mitsubishi (trucks) transmission rarely fail unless they have the wrong fluid in them, so I personally have religiously had the Mitsubishi dealer do a complete flush at the recommended intervals. However because of the same research and advice from Manybrews I push the T-belt changes to 100k instead of the recommended 60k. We have a Lancer at 130k and an Endeavor at 116k never any issues with the tranny. The only thing I dislike on my endeavor's tranny is that the programming is so focused on fuel savings that it loves overdrive and when I want to pass (the damn lost tourist driving in the fast lane here in FL) I have to really romp it or use the manual mode to drop it to 3rd but most new cars love overdrive.

QuoteReply
  Advanced Search
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Mitsubishi listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Intermittent Heat In 2002 Galant
14 DerbyDad03 118 28th September 2014 - 09:01 AM
Last post by: DerbyDad03
No New Posts 2004 Gts Headlights? Help?!
Need help!
8 salernoj 112 21st September 2014 - 03:33 PM
Last post by: KiT TeUnG 2549
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsInstalled Dbl Din Navigation On 2002 Montero Xls
6 saltydoc 2,363 11th September 2014 - 12:49 AM
No New Posts Interference Motor Question
hammered pistons
10 trumpet1 228 9th September 2014 - 01:53 PM
No New Posts Instructions For Spoiler Attachment?
0 Izerous 88 16th July 2014 - 12:11 PM
Last post by: Izerous

Time is now: 30th September 2014 - 04:47 AM
Mitsubishi-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mitsubishi Motors.
Privacy Statement