Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Mitsubishi-Forums.com > Mitsubishi Models > Lancer Forum > 2007 and Below Lancer > Suspension, Wheels and Tires
Mitsubishi-Forums.com - The UNOFFICIAL Mitsubishi Community This site is NOT affiliated in any way with Mitsubishi or any of it's subsidiaries. Our goal is to provide Mitsubishi owners an information outlet - a means to communicate with other Mitsubishi owners. It is simply a community where fans and owners can get the right information for tuning, customization and general discussions on anything about Mitsubishi. You'll find the answer to almost any question about your Mitsubishi in this site. If not, simply join and ask! We have many willing expert members just waiting to answer your questions.

Mitsubishi-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mitsubishi Motors.

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Do you like Mitsubishi-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Lancer Stock Rim Question, Is a stock 14in Lancer rim identical to a Mirage rim?
redlineclipse
post Apr 27 2010, 08:57 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 35,820
Drives: 96 Eclipse

My 03 lancer rim is warped. I have 185 65 14 tires on the car and recently I finally found a supposed match for the rim. The rim in the Junkyard was off of a 03 mirage. I was told they are the same rim, however the tire that was on the mirage rim was a 195 60 14. I've been told that it's ok to go wider on a rim, but I didn't think you could put a more narrow tire on a rim. I was just wondering if the two rims (03 lancer stock (hubcap rim) and 03 mirage stock (hubcap rim)) are the same? and if it's ok to match the tire size to the rest of the car?

Any takers? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grin.gif)
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
cc_coupe
post Jul 29 2010, 07:05 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 92,005
Drives: 1994 lancer coupe, 1991 BMW 318i e36, 2006 Hyundai Getz

Yes, the guy at the wreckers was right.

Its not so much the tyre size as the offset you need to look at with rims. The offset is how wide the rim itself is, to wide and itll scrub.

You can put varying sizes of tyres on a rim, for example, when I bought my lancer it had 14" rims with a 5.5 offset running 175/65/r14s but I changed that to a 185/65/r14

There are limits to how wide a tyre you can put on a rim but you can go wider.

The 94 mirage and the 94 lancer were almost identical and they kept that going through most of the models. While the mirage turned into a hatch and the lancer into a brick most of the earlier models shared parts.

Hope this helped (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

p.s the guys at the wreckers generally tend to know what they are talking about (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
  Advanced Search
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Mitsubishi listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Lancer Gts 2009 Mmcs Head Unit Reset Cd
i need a way to reset the unit charlotte nc
0 ang34 39 12th September 2014 - 09:38 AM
Last post by: ang34
No New Posts Question About The 2.5td 4d56 Engine
6 iods 98 29th August 2014 - 01:57 PM
Last post by: iods
No New Posts Lancer Odbii Port
Where is it?
1 pilchardfish 339 30th July 2014 - 06:48 PM
Last post by: edumspeed
No New Posts Lancer Gs3 2010
MMCS
1 barrie croombs 111 23rd May 2014 - 11:51 PM
Last post by: KiT TeUnG 2549
No New Posts Pinned: Topic has attachmentsLancer 1993 Glxi Break - Rear Brakes Load Régulator
Load Sensing proportional valve (LSPV) - broken câble
1 DCD 250 15th March 2014 - 08:24 PM
Last post by: KiT TeUnG 2549

Time is now: 30th September 2014 - 06:55 PM
Mitsubishi-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mitsubishi Motors.
Privacy Statement