Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Mitsubishi-Forums.com > Mitsubishi Models > Diamante, Magna, Sigma & Verada Forum
Mitsubishi-Forums.com - The UNOFFICIAL Mitsubishi Community This site is NOT affiliated in any way with Mitsubishi or any of it's subsidiaries. Our goal is to provide Mitsubishi owners an information outlet - a means to communicate with other Mitsubishi owners. It is simply a community where fans and owners can get the right information for tuning, customization and general discussions on anything about Mitsubishi. You'll find the answer to almost any question about your Mitsubishi in this site. If not, simply join and ask! We have many willing expert members just waiting to answer your questions.

Mitsubishi-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mitsubishi Motors.

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Do you like Mitsubishi-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Very Hard Upper Radiator Hose
slubberry
post Mar 1 2011, 10:07 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,980
Drives: 1999 Mitsubishi diamante LS

I had the head gasket, the thermostat, thermostat housing and the upper radiator hose replaced due to coolant loss and smoking exhaust. Now my question is that when I run the engine for about 10-15 minutes ( driving around not idling ), the upper radiator hose gets very hot and very hard. The heat works ok, and there is no smoke out the tailpipe and there are no bubbling in the radiator ( when Idling ) and I have no coolant loss. I tried running the car without a thermostat and it has the same problem. The radiator seems to be ok because when I flush the radiator, water flows freely. Could it be the radiator cap?
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
slubberry
post Mar 1 2011, 01:06 PM
Post #2

I'm not sure if this is normal or not but I am paranoid since I had to replace all those parts because the upper radiator hose popped on me.

QuoteReply
KiT TeUnG 2549
post Mar 1 2011, 02:31 PM
Post #3

Veteran
Group Icon

Group: Super Mod
Member No.: 58,134
Drives: 1997 Mitsubishi Diamante VR-S SUPER INVECS II , 1990 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 MR, 2006 Mitsubishi Triton PLUS 3.5 DOCH , 2001 Mitsubishi Galant GSR

This is normal. Yu are being overly anxious . BUt its understandable. The upper radiator hose is the coolant return frum the block back to the radiator so it will be very hot to the touch at normal operating temperatures.

QuoteReply
slubberry
post Mar 1 2011, 05:39 PM
Post #4

So it is supposed to get so hard that you can't squeeze it at all? Another thing is that even after the engine is cooled ( overnight in 35 degree weather ), when I open the radiator cap, it releases pressure.

Sorry about being so paranoid.

QuoteReply
KiT TeUnG 2549
post Mar 1 2011, 10:18 PM
Post #5

Veteran
Group Icon

Group: Super Mod
Member No.: 58,134
Drives: 1997 Mitsubishi Diamante VR-S SUPER INVECS II , 1990 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 MR, 2006 Mitsubishi Triton PLUS 3.5 DOCH , 2001 Mitsubishi Galant GSR

Most are that way , the system is under pressure . BUt also , if yur radiator has a slightly restricted flow it can cause it to be too hard. But i think the system is normal. Ive opened mine after it sat over night before and it was under a little pressure.

QuoteReply
slubberry
post Mar 2 2011, 09:10 AM
Post #6

thank you very much for alleviating my paranoia

QuoteReply
  Advanced Search
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Mitsubishi listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Hard To Start
5 grumpyfarmer 173 19th August 2014 - 04:45 PM
Last post by: KiT TeUnG 2549
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsHard To Change Gears When The Engine Has Been Warmed Up
9 ngjbtf 131 19th August 2014 - 02:45 AM
Last post by: ngjbtf
No New Posts Radiator Fan And A/c Stopped Working
5 nish 628 13th June 2012 - 10:21 AM
Last post by: SRSONE
No New Posts Hard To Start When Hot
2 golgo13 163 14th February 2011 - 03:39 PM
Last post by: golgo13
No New Posts Very Crispy Noise From My 2007 Galant. Suggestions Needed. Thanks!
2 nemazch 1,015 16th November 2010 - 06:51 AM
Last post by: aaa911

Time is now: 19th December 2014 - 04:26 AM
Mitsubishi-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mitsubishi Motors.
Privacy Statement