Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Mitsubishi-Forums.com > Mitsubishi Models > Diamante, Magna, Sigma & Verada Forum
Mitsubishi-Forums.com - The UNOFFICIAL Mitsubishi Community This site is NOT affiliated in any way with Mitsubishi or any of it's subsidiaries. Our goal is to provide Mitsubishi owners an information outlet - a means to communicate with other Mitsubishi owners. It is simply a community where fans and owners can get the right information for tuning, customization and general discussions on anything about Mitsubishi. You'll find the answer to almost any question about your Mitsubishi in this site. If not, simply join and ask! We have many willing expert members just waiting to answer your questions.

Mitsubishi-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mitsubishi Motors.

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Do you like Mitsubishi-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Diamante Idle
cptbbb
post Mar 31 2011, 05:16 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 91,052
Drives: 1995 Mitsubishi Diamante 25V, 1996 Diamante 30M Deporte MIVEC V6

Hey everyone, haven't posted for a while.

I just spent $700 getting my spark plugs replaced, new oil & filter and the ticking noise in my 6G72 MIVEC fixed.
At the moment, when I am idling the car while cold it has a very serious vibration and some times I stop at traffic lights and its jumping between say 750 and 1200 rpms while idling and being really rough. While cold it's idling at 750rpm (not sure if this is lower than normal?) Anyway, it doesnt vibrate when I put it in neutral - I assume because the revvs increase to 1000rpms, and the vibration goes away almost immediately when accelerating (again, exceeding 1000rpm). It doesn't vibrate when it's finally warmed up.

Does this engine have a separate cold/warm idle speeds & if so how can I change the cold idle speed?

Cheers.
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
cptbbb
post Mar 31 2011, 05:28 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 91,052
Drives: 1995 Mitsubishi Diamante 25V, 1996 Diamante 30M Deporte MIVEC V6

if its of any significance, its making really loud cracking noises when de-accelerating. when i first heard it it sounded like tar flicking up into the wheel arches, but its definitely from the engine bay.
i'm going to get it checked by a mechanic tomorrow, but it'd be good to know what it could possibly be.

QuoteReply
KiT TeUnG 2549
post Mar 31 2011, 10:32 AM
Post #3

Veteran
Group Icon

Group: Super Mod
Member No.: 58,134
Drives: 1997 Mitsubishi Diamante VR-S SUPER INVECS II , 1990 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 MR, 2006 Mitsubishi Triton PLUS 3.5 DOCH , 2001 Mitsubishi Galant GSR

on initial start up mine cold will idle at 1500 and drop to 1200when in gear and cold idle is 900/850 as warming up it will gradually drop , engine at operating temps idle should be around 750 in park or neutral and 800 in gear . If the rpm is doing that is called "jogging" jogging is dun when there is alot of engine "knock" predetination or misfire at idle or idle control issue. the engine will jog the idle control to try and clear the engine up, or adjust fuel spray to even the engine out.

Make sure the Pressure control solenoid is flowing correctly and no low pressure on the cam secondary liftcontrol actuators are loose or bypassing oil flow. This will cause a "slap" effect against the cam as engine rpm drops. And cause there to be a slight misfire on the cylinder at idle when cam control is inop.

Make sure the secondary isnt over adjusted/ bent or the spacer clip isnt misaligned. It can be wedged between the cam and the secondary . This is my first thought , since there were likely hydraulic lifters replaced. Make sure that the hydraulic lifter isnt frozen , and causing the valve not to fully seatcausing slight loss of compression in the cylinder and the uneven idle.

Stuck air control actuator , if the plenums air flow actuator gear is spaced , stripped it will cause an awful noise when closing the up path chamber

QuoteReply
  Advanced Search
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Mitsubishi listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Diamante Vrx 2003 Burning Rubber Smell
6 Syncman 333 1st November 2014 - 03:24 PM
Last post by: chain rattle
No New Posts Idle Air Control-2003 Lancer
6 boomyal 251 18th August 2014 - 11:16 AM
Last post by: bumpn
No New Posts Idler/tensioner Pulley
1 vanoutlander 331 9th June 2014 - 11:09 AM
Last post by: KiT TeUnG 2549
No New Posts Diamante 92-95 Tuning Data
0 chain rattle 205 12th May 2014 - 01:43 PM
Last post by: chain rattle
No New Posts Diamante Wagon Hatch Won't Open!
6 DearJimmy 732 2nd April 2014 - 11:58 AM
Last post by: DearJimmy

Time is now: 28th November 2014 - 04:35 AM
Mitsubishi-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mitsubishi Motors.
Privacy Statement