Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Mitsubishi-Forums.com > Mitsubishi Models > Airtrek & Outlander Forum > 1G (2003-2006) Airtrek & Outlander
Mitsubishi-Forums.com - The UNOFFICIAL Mitsubishi Community This site is NOT affiliated in any way with Mitsubishi or any of it's subsidiaries. Our goal is to provide Mitsubishi owners an information outlet - a means to communicate with other Mitsubishi owners. It is simply a community where fans and owners can get the right information for tuning, customization and general discussions on anything about Mitsubishi. You'll find the answer to almost any question about your Mitsubishi in this site. If not, simply join and ask! We have many willing expert members just waiting to answer your questions.

Mitsubishi-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mitsubishi Motors.

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Do you like Mitsubishi-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Rpm Drops During Idle While Ac Is On
aiexbadboy
post Jun 20 2011, 10:10 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 57,697
Drives: 03 Outlander LS

i just recently noticed this problem, and i do feel powerloss while the compressor is running while driving
tried to do some research over the internet,
i think it can be the battery, idle air control valve, maf etc

but if its the iacv, wheres the location of it on a 03 outlaner?

thanks
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
PP2
post Jun 20 2011, 10:15 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 64,217
Drives: Mitsubishi Outlander 2006 SE Sport

QUOTE (aiexbadboy @ Jun 20 2011, 04:10 PM) *
i just recently noticed this problem, and i do feel powerloss while the compressor is running while driving
tried to do some research over the internet,
i think it can be the battery, idle air control valve, maf etc

but if its the iacv, wheres the location of it on a 03 outlaner?

thanks

The RPM will drop when the AC kicks in it has done on all of my previous cars & is normal unless the drop is dramatic.

QuoteReply
aiexbadboy
post Jun 20 2011, 02:46 PM
Post #3

sorry i forgot to mention, rpm drops but goes back up, isnt this abnormal? while it drops the car rattles/vibrates, feels like its about to stall... right now i suspect the battery, i'll have it checked when i have time, but in the mean while i would like to know about iacv, i heard cleaning it may resolve similar issue. thanks

QuoteReply
PP2
post Jun 21 2011, 01:52 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (aiexbadboy @ Jun 20 2011, 08:46 PM) *
sorry i forgot to mention, rpm drops but goes back up, isnt this abnormal? while it drops the car rattles/vibrates, feels like its about to stall... right now i suspect the battery, i'll have it checked when i have time, but in the mean while i would like to know about iacv, i heard cleaning it may resolve similar issue. thanks

No that does not sound normal.

Mine will drop a little when the AC kicks in then go back up when the AC compressor turns off but it only drops a little so no shuddering.

QuoteReply
Outy
post Jun 22 2011, 09:04 AM
Post #5

Expert

Member No.: 2,173
Drives: Mitsubishi Outlander XLS AWD 2004, 1984 Corvette, 2008 G6, 2007 Chevy Cobalt, 2010 Huskvarna YTH22V42LS

Wasn't there a recall on the fan module and one of the symtoms was what you are experiencing? Seems to me it was when your fan comes on as AC compressor clutch is activated that a relay in the fan module was slow to react therefore ECU was getting revup signal late causing RPMs do drop to much. Mine revs up as soon as fan comes on. You might also want to clean connector on power steering pump (brass contact) because it also sends a revup signal. Mine was green on last service so I cleaned it. While stopped try turning steering wheel engine should rev-up slightly as soon as power steering pump stresses. Or you might have a combination.

QuoteReply
aiexbadboy
post Jun 28 2011, 02:02 PM
Post #6

sorry for the late reply.

after i told my story to the mechanic, he then diagnose and had the freon cleaned out + refill to 35. now the ac system is running fine, no more constant rpm drop/raise with power loss while compressor's running.
problem was because i played around with freon refilled myself few weeks ago, thats when it happend. then i did alot of research on internet, one of the source mentioned either (1) freon is too low or (2) overcharged, or even (3) above certain limit but not overcharged will cause compressor to run abnormally. in my case it was the 3rd option. it was all due to my stupidity= =;; just let you guys know not to play around with it lol

QuoteReply
PP2
post Jun 29 2011, 08:13 AM
Post #7

QUOTE (aiexbadboy @ Jun 28 2011, 08:02 PM) *
sorry for the late reply.

after i told my story to the mechanic, he then diagnose and had the freon cleaned out + refill to 35. now the ac system is running fine, no more constant rpm drop/raise with power loss while compressor's running.
problem was because i played around with freon refilled myself few weeks ago, thats when it happend. then i did alot of research on internet, one of the source mentioned either (1) freon is too low or (2) overcharged, or even (3) above certain limit but not overcharged will cause compressor to run abnormally. in my case it was the 3rd option. it was all due to my stupidity= =;; just let you guys know not to play around with it lol

Naughty boy, slapped wrists for you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

QuoteReply
  Advanced Search
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Mitsubishi listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Idle Air Control-2003 Lancer
6 boomyal 113 18th August 2014 - 11:16 AM
Last post by: bumpn
No New Posts Idler/tensioner Pulley
1 vanoutlander 225 9th June 2014 - 11:09 AM
Last post by: KiT TeUnG 2549
No New Posts Ac Temperature Mismatch
3 ngjbtf 145 19th March 2014 - 06:14 AM
Last post by: chain rattle
No New Posts Idle Woes
4 JaPMaD 1,245 28th December 2013 - 11:18 AM
Last post by: billynoband
No new Ac Problems
36 arkrider410 4,248 4th August 2013 - 09:25 PM
Last post by: DavidE

Time is now: 17th September 2014 - 04:31 AM
Mitsubishi-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mitsubishi Motors.
Privacy Statement