Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Mitsubishi-Forums.com > Mitsubishi Models > Carisma Forum
Mitsubishi-Forums.com - The UNOFFICIAL Mitsubishi Community This site is NOT affiliated in any way with Mitsubishi or any of it's subsidiaries. Our goal is to provide Mitsubishi owners an information outlet - a means to communicate with other Mitsubishi owners. It is simply a community where fans and owners can get the right information for tuning, customization and general discussions on anything about Mitsubishi. You'll find the answer to almost any question about your Mitsubishi in this site. If not, simply join and ask! We have many willing expert members just waiting to answer your questions.

Mitsubishi-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mitsubishi Motors.

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Do you like Mitsubishi-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> My New Carisma, Please advice needed
realvenc
post Jun 21 2011, 04:59 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 105,955
Drives: Mitsubishi Carisma

I just bought a used Mitsubishi carisma with about 137,000 mileage on it and there seems to be some issues i do like you knowledgeable guys to help me with. Note that this is the first ride am buying
Meanwhile this is my first post here and i want to see the forum has been educative and enlighting.

First and Foremost, What i believe to be my My check engine light indicator (Helicopter in flight amber light ) came on the very first day i picked up. i have got a mechanic to change the engine oil and the oil filter yesterday but the light is still on.
Pls what do i do about this now.

Also the car does this serious forward jerk when you begin to accelerate it. what could be causing this and solution pls

Also how do i see the exact year model of the car cause i do like to get a manual of the car. so where on the car body can i see this.

when i drove the car around after the engine oil has been changed, i kept hearing this wheezing sound like sandy gritty sound from the engine.
what can this be and what do i do about it.

Will it be possible to get a new car key as the one that the dealer gave me is almost broken. also whatz the best Transmission oil to use to top up the gear oil.

I dont really have or know mechanics i can trust to service or look at the car since am a novice here

Thanks all as i expect your good advice on these
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
JCostello
post Jul 17 2011, 02:25 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 66,007
Drives: 2002 Carisma DID

QUOTE (realvenc @ Jun 21 2011, 05:59 PM) *
I dont really have or know mechanics i can trust to service or look at the car since am a novice here

Thanks all as i expect your good advice on these

Hello,

Is the car petrol or diesel?

Does it make the grinding noise when you are reving the engine and not moving the car forward or only when the car is moving forward.?

Try repering the key with 'chemical metal' (epoxy cement). This will get you away if it the plastic part of the key that is breaking or broke. They are expensive to get replaced.

Jack up a wheel on the front and put the car in gear with engine stopped and see if there is any 'play' as you rotate the wheel back and forth. Perhaps there is something badly worn in the transmission which is causing the 'jump forward when accelerating'.

I am not an expert or mechanic!

jc
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
  Advanced Search
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Mitsubishi listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts New To This
1 colecasares 20 15th October 2014 - 01:31 PM
Last post by: chain rattle
No New Posts New Guy
2 jwillia46 43 9th October 2014 - 08:15 PM
Last post by: bumpn
No New Posts My Dsm
GSX
1 redturboeclipse 897 6th October 2014 - 06:37 AM
Last post by: CarID
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsNewbie From Wv
4 kalve 134 10th September 2014 - 09:15 PM
Last post by: PappyPat
No New Posts New Member
about me
0 PappyPat 28 10th September 2014 - 09:13 PM
Last post by: PappyPat

Time is now: 20th October 2014 - 07:58 AM
Mitsubishi-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mitsubishi Motors.
Privacy Statement