Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Mitsubishi-Forums.com > Mitsubishi Models > Airtrek & Outlander Forum > 1G (2003-2006) Airtrek & Outlander
Mitsubishi-Forums.com - The UNOFFICIAL Mitsubishi Community This site is NOT affiliated in any way with Mitsubishi or any of it's subsidiaries. Our goal is to provide Mitsubishi owners an information outlet - a means to communicate with other Mitsubishi owners. It is simply a community where fans and owners can get the right information for tuning, customization and general discussions on anything about Mitsubishi. You'll find the answer to almost any question about your Mitsubishi in this site. If not, simply join and ask! We have many willing expert members just waiting to answer your questions.

Mitsubishi-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mitsubishi Motors.

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Do you like Mitsubishi-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Code P2138 Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor, Throwing code P2138 - no acceleration above 10mph
windssurfer
post Apr 19 2013, 10:55 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 97,331
Drives: 2004 Mitsubishi Outlander

2004 AWD Outy with over 100,000 miles bought brand new in 2005.
Driving car normally and for no apparent reason car will not accelerate above 10mph. Get out of traffic, pull over shut down and restart and everything is normal.
This happened about 4 time in the last 2 years.
Everytime I bring it to my shop they see the P2138 code but are unable to find anything wrong after testing and clear the code.
Did some research and found TSB -06-03-011REV issued by Mitsubishi Autgust 2006 describing this as a computer error and needs to be reflashed.
I do not recall ever having this reflash done when it was under warranty and had regular dealer servicing.
Called my local dealer as I do not live close to the original dealer where purchased. They want to charge $60 to reflash but the tech said on the phone "doesn't sound like it's the computer, may be the throttle body". I have a deep distrust of most dealers from past experiences and know they will try to rake every $$$ they can out of customers with older cars so I need advice.

Anyone on this forum have this problem?
Was your computer reflashed?
Should I call Mitsubishi direct customer service and see what they say?

This is a serious issue and could cause accidents.
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
crunchedlander
post May 11 2013, 09:30 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 85,671
Drives: 2003 Outlander XL

Have not had this happen on the Outlander, but had a similar issue with a Jeep Cherokee, drive at a steady pace, motor would cut back to idle and would have to shut down and restart.
Replaced the TPS, (throttle position sensor, same function as APPS), problem solved, never came back. AFAIK, it is just a rheostat that alters a voltage signal to the computer to adjust the injector pulse width. If the computer gets an out-of-range signal, it will default to a limp-in mode.
Hope this helps.
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
  Advanced Search
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Mitsubishi listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Code P0037 Oxygen Sensor Heater Low Bank 1 Sensor 2
2 DavidE 202 5th May 2014 - 12:37 PM
Last post by: KiT TeUnG 2549
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsPedal Travel Sensor,throttle Position Sensor , Acceleration Pedal Assy
information about part missing
5 owexonline 827 26th April 2012 - 02:39 PM
Last post by: owexonline
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsCode 0456 And 0456pd
21 beaton172 2,623 2nd December 2011 - 11:53 PM
Last post by: Outy
No New Posts Codes P0720 And P0715
3 Palmz 1,236 5th November 2011 - 04:44 PM
Last post by: KiT TeUnG 2549
No New Posts Code P0505 Idle Air But Iac Valve Seems Ok?
4 Sebastian_2010 1,181 12th January 2011 - 01:12 AM
Last post by: Sebastian_2010

Time is now: 3rd September 2014 - 01:59 AM
Mitsubishi-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mitsubishi Motors.
Privacy Statement