Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Mitsubishi-Forums.com > Mitsubishi Models > Montero, Challenger, Pajero & Shogun Forum
Mitsubishi-Forums.com - The UNOFFICIAL Mitsubishi Community This site is NOT affiliated in any way with Mitsubishi or any of it's subsidiaries. Our goal is to provide Mitsubishi owners an information outlet - a means to communicate with other Mitsubishi owners. It is simply a community where fans and owners can get the right information for tuning, customization and general discussions on anything about Mitsubishi. You'll find the answer to almost any question about your Mitsubishi in this site. If not, simply join and ask! We have many willing expert members just waiting to answer your questions.

Mitsubishi-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mitsubishi Motors.

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Do you like Mitsubishi-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Shogun Sport 2.5td, Problems
nealhanley
post Sep 27 2005, 07:12 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,848
Drives: 2002 Shogun Sport 2.5TD

Hi All, I purchased a Shogun Sport 2.5TD last year and have been extremely happy with it, however a few faults that won't seem to go away. One is the handling, I can live with this but the steering judder at low speeds is frustrating, I had the wheels balanced, four wheel alignment etc with no difference just a lighter wallet. Seems like this is the norm so I guess I have to live with it.
Secondly my engine management light keeps coming on, I had this checked by a dealer, first time they replace the fuel pump under warranty, the second time they adjusted the turbo, now its started coming on again, very frustrating when you are on the motorway having to stop and turn off the engine to reset it.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Neal
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
b1tor
post Nov 19 2005, 07:32 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 17,724
Drives: shogun

I had the same problem with a 2.5 sport, which had the power upgrade fitted... turned out there is a known problem with the upgrade (or so I was advised by the dealer) which causes this and if resetting the computer control for the upgrade doesnt work then removing it is the only cure.

QuoteReply
off-roader
post Nov 21 2005, 12:51 PM
Post #3

Senior

Member No.: 5,833
Drives: 89 & 90 3.0 SOHC v6 Montero's (highly modified for off road use)

For the low speed shudder, have your steering components examined. IT may be a steering box with too much play. This is common with older mitsu 4x4 rig's. Not sure about your sport but worth checking out.

I don't notice that on my 1990 but that may be because I run 33x12.5 inch BFG mud terrains all the time. :grin:

QuoteReply
nealhanley
post Jan 13 2006, 12:01 PM
Post #4

Thanks alot for that will check it out...

Neal

QuoteReply
nealhanley
post Jan 27 2006, 06:20 AM
Post #5

Just an update, I replaced all my tyres, at the dealers advice, pirelli Scorpion Zero's with pirelli Scorpion ST, wobbble gone, much smoother ride.

I had another service and explained to the mitzi dealer that the engine managment light still comes on from time to time, rare but annoying when you have to pull in & switch off to reset it. The car is just out of warranty. I got a call while it was in to say I needed a new turbo @ 800!!.Turned out they just adjusted it when I refused to buy a new turbo, strange that I didn't need a new one while the car was under warranty.

I have had this problem since I got the car, the fuel pump was replaced under warrenty and was supposed to cure it, it didn't. They then readjusted it for me, the problem still exisited I just put up with it. At the last service they adjusted it again. Its back in the shop again, loss of power, e/m light came on threes times in a row, same day.
Only 58K on the clock, surley this cannot be acceptable.
I am told now that it is a sticking waste gate, and the parts are hard to get hold of, hence the recomendation to repalce the turbo. Any suggestions?

QuoteReply
katelis153
post Oct 2 2008, 06:25 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 64,917
Drives: Pajero Sport GLS

I'm thinking to upgrade my pajero sport 2,5tdi. Anyone else has any experianced any kind of problem? Do you know any prices? It's worth the money for the accelaration it gives you, or the difference is small?

QuoteReply
  Advanced Search
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Mitsubishi listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsSportbacks
1 jlaakso350 84 24th June 2014 - 02:31 PM
Last post by: chain rattle
No New Posts Shogun Sport Load Cover
3 timmermatt 175 3rd April 2014 - 04:47 PM
Last post by: KiT TeUnG 2549
No New Posts Shogun Sport 03 Electric Fan
Electric coolant fan
2 leehumphrey 175 18th January 2014 - 04:18 PM
Last post by: chain rattle
No New Posts Sportronic Shifter
1 MITS ALL THE WAY 711 22nd December 2011 - 02:29 AM
Last post by: theboynextdoor88
No New Posts Shogun Sat Nav Uk Map Dvd
2 paul2415 713 9th February 2011 - 01:48 PM
Last post by: paul2415

Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 04:06 AM
Mitsubishi-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mitsubishi Motors.
Privacy Statement