- View Single Post - I need help
Thread: I need help
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2017, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1
I need help

I have a 2009 lancer gts. I'm going to try and make this short so here it goes, I recently got this car and i love it but i went to the mechanic to get it checked out because i knew it had some problems but i didn't know what exactly. They told me that it needed new upper control arms, they tried charging me 800 to do it. So i decided I'd do it myself, Im not the best mechanic but i know my way around. I looked online to see what an upper control arm looks like and I found one on AutoZone. The only problem is i can't find it on my car. I've looked up video on howto change them and other vehicles are different. Then i saw a video on how to change the struts on a mazda and the suspension looked very similar to mine. The guy in the video said that the struts in the kind of suspension that car has also act as a control arm. So now I'm thinking am i going to have to get new struts? Or am i just blind and can't see the upper control arm. If anyone could please help me out and message me or reply to this post with some advice.
GarciaA0313 is offline  
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome