Join Date: May 2019
Location: puckerbrush Kansas USA (AKA Hutchinson Ks)
new here 2007 Out XLS Super Whiney post
Bought my 07 xls sun and sound brand new and finally joined this forum so I need to vent the last 12 years of complaints.
Over all I absolutely love the car that is why I still have it and drive it daily. IMHO there is not a better SUV on the market even the new outlanders.
1. Rear window washer (who ever thought it was ok for it to just run out of a hole in the spoiler should be beaten)
2. The Radio won't automatically scroll song info ect (now this may not be the radios fault maybe it is the broadcast station)
3. The stance of the XLS causes weight transfer and I constantly spin the front wheels
4. Why in the world would you make a 4WD vehicle that you have to turn off traction control to use it in heavy snow.
5. plastic shields ALL of them are screws that expensive I have ate 2 inner fender wells and a bunch of other plastic covers over the 12 years I don;t even bother replacing them anymore.
6. Want to change the spark plugs well just take the intake manifold off WHAT!
7. Bluetooth is more like Screwtooth.
8. ONE YEAR ONLY SMART KEY??? $400.00 Shame on you Mitsubishi!
9. Once painted Silver surfaces in cockpit now Black.
10. Clam shell design of center console cover is fragile at best I have broke it 3 times.
11. Seat stand covers Snap off covers and cant be reinstalled.
12. Why oh why weren't fog lights STANDARD on the XLS lame driving lights instead.
13. What did you guys use for clear coat on the paint it is peeling like a bad sunburn on the top and the hood despite regular waxing and being garaged.
14 The Aqua Metallic did not grow on me especially when it is the same color of every minivan in the world!
15. So glad (Sarcasm) you mounted the RCA aux in where they are constantly hit, kicked, and broken by anyone in the back seat.
I mean you have a protected area RIGHT there in the center console JEEZ?
Ok that is enough for now.
I love the crud out of the old girl. 160,000 kind of love! It has lasted 10 years longer than the the woman I was with when I bought it!
Really happy with the performance, the price, the options, the sleek front end, it is a better looking BMW X5 with a better warranty for 15K less!