Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the owners manual of my '00 eclipse it makes mention of changing the cabin air filter every 12k miles,or more often depending on climate. I have a Haynes manual,but it makes no reference to its exhistance. (no surprise) The owners manual suggests to contact my Mits dealer. Does said filter really exhist ?? If it has one,is it hard to rremove and replace?? Thanks Irefin :beer:

·
Registered
3 Posts
ok-

I have an 02 Eclipse GT. I purchased the cabin filter and proceeded to go about putting it in. Well I removed the glovebox and backface of the glove box.

I can see where the filter should go above the blower but no easy task to get to.
it looks like you have to take out the whole blower box and take it apart to get to the old filter! Am I missing something? I thought it was going to be easy like remove a couple of screws and your in business!! I don't want to take it all apart and then end up with a few screws left over!!

the attached pic looks easy -but- not!

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
open your glove box, and against the back you will see two slits up on top,push the sides in near the slits and pull the box open further, it will drop down and u can slide it off the hinges really easily, now u will see the recangula area where the filter slides in, u pull the two screws and the whole filter slides out, slide the new one in and put it all back together, mitsubishi decided to seal that area without a cabin air filter in the 2003+ models.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Taking out the glove box is easy, but on my 2002 it looks like where you would slide the filter in , its sealed. there are screws but they look like you would have to take the whole blower box out and take it apart...

·
Registered
58 Posts
The seal from 03+ also applies to some of the 2002 models. I have a 2002 Eclipse GT just like the one listed above where it is sealed off. Instead of disassembling the entire dash I just took the three screws holding the blower motor in and let it fall so i could see up and there was definitely no filter. Instead they use a sponge to filter the air which you can see is located right above the sealed in part.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts