Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think of this setup?
I'm interested in purchasing an audio set up for my 02 Lancer, and was wondering how it'd sound. I don't want it to be all rattly sounding. I'm looking at getting either Alpine or Infinity inside 6-1/2's all around, and either one or two Alpine Type-R 12" Subs.. but I was told two might be TOO much for such a small car. What do you guys think? Is one efficient enough, or should i get two. The trunk space would be nice and all, and i'd be looking at a cheaper 500w amp.

If you've got pics of your set up let's see it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
i've got two 12" kenwoods, for my 03 lancer, in a ported box running off a 1000 watt kenwood amp, and nothing sounds rattly. two 12s are definitely not too much for a lancer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Caublasian!

Hey Im upgrading the sound in my Lancer 2002. What size speakers were you able to put in the doors and in the back? Were they component or composite in the front? Do you have any room left in the boot? - I was thinking of going for a tube powered sub to save the limited boot space.
Any chance you could post some picks of your install - I would really appreciate it.
Thanks,
Piggy.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm keeping stock speakers unless they become distorted. The stock ones are pretty good. I'm not too much of an audio person, so I'd be happy as long as my speakers have some bass which the stocks have a lot of. I'm more of a performance person, so if I add subs thats just more weight I have in the trunk. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
202 Posts
AVOID POWERED SUBS!!! LOL...that was the advice of a friend of mine who does Car Audio. If you want to add some killer bass while keeping trunk space, its easier to get subs and build your own box. Its not the simplest (I'm trying to save up the cash to do so...) but it allows you to keep as much (or as little) trunk space as possible.

As for the set up I'm attempting:
[x] Alpine CDA-9884
[x] Infinity Reference 6x9s (Currently boxed in trunk, soon to be custom mounted in rear deck)
[ ] TBD 6 3/4" speakers for Front Doors
[ ] One 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L5 @ 600W
-OR-
[ ] Two 12" Kicker CompV subs from a friend...

·
Registered
209 Posts
that solo-baric will hit pretty hard. but will you be getting the two from you friend for free? if so i know what i would do. if you do get the 2 12s why wouldnt you also get door speakers? the stock speakers won't do you much good with 2 12s. i am looking for an amp for my kenwood door speakers because just running off of the head unit isn't enough. the subs drown them out.

·
Registered
202 Posts
No, the 2 12s aren't free, but it'd be like $350 for the subs, amp, and he'd build the box/install it... The problem is they require A LOT more space than the Solo-Baric. As far as door speakers go, I'm gonna do those last. I had it as "TBD" cause I'm not sure what type I'm gonna get. Until I get them, though, I'm gonna be relying solely on the 6x9s (once they are mounted) for my mids...

·
Registered
209 Posts
that sounds like it'd be worth it. thats what i am doing. i am using my door speakers as my his and mids and am looking for some 6x9s to put under my seats as mids and use the door speakers as his.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts