Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi can anybody tell me where i can get a new key fob for my car as my wife has lost ours out and about..have to get in by using keys..feels like going back 40 years in time...as it also sets the alarm on the car when activating central looking.
I hope someone can help..
Thank you Matt

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi can anybody tell me where i can get a new key fob for my car as my wife has lost ours out and about..have to get in by using keys..feels like going back 40 years in time...as it also sets the alarm on the car when activating central looking.
I hope someone can help..
Thank you Matt
Hi did you get any joy, I have same problem, I haven't lost my key fob but it's sone how damaged & it won't work. Have you managed to replace it?? If so where did you get it from? Will appreciate any help in this matter.

Cheers.
Shakir

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi did you get any joy, I have same problem, I haven't lost my key fob but it's sone how damaged & it won't work. Have you managed to replace it?? If so where did you get it from? Will appreciate any help in this matter.

Cheers.
Shakir
I dropped one of our original keys in the sea probably 8 years ago and cost me like NZ$280 odd get a key cut and programmed by a Mitsi dealer. Not a huge rip off considering some other cars were costing around NZ$500+ at the time get a key done.

If your key isn't working, likely cause is the little transponder chip inside might have fallen out when you drop the keys and it opens up spilling the guts. In my experience these Mitsi keys are a magnet for falling in a way that whole thing opens and spills all the internal electronics including the transponder chip which if you have no idea will likely discard as just some rubbish on the floor. FYI it looks like a broken piece of a magnet roughly 10-15mmx5mmx2mm

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you for your reply. I don't have transponder chip in mine. Mine is just control the Parameter locking & unlocking as well as side mirrors & windows & sunroof only. I have had 1 spare ordinary key cut , but I can not use my modern stuff in it is just unlocks the doors and starts the car that's it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts