Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

New to the Mitsubishi world and pulling the intake and egr valve(replacing the water pump as well) to clean it out due to issues with throttle response, particularly when cold. I'm stuck at the thermostat housing that is in the way of removing the entire intake manifold.
I've pulled the top of it off with the thermostat itself, and removed the 3 bolts holding the housing against the intake manifold and head. It is still attached to the tube running over to the back of the water pump. It seems to me like it is a compression fitting that holds it to this coolant passage, as it will wiggle but not come off. Is it suppose to remove from this passage, or do I have to pull it from the water pump and take it out as one piece? Is there a certain technique or tool required to do this?

My Haynes manual isn't much help as it only talks about the 3.0 engine vaguely, and only things I can find online are just replacing the thermostat itself. Any advice is much appreciated as I don't want to break it!

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Never mind guys, just was a bit crusty. Sucked some more coolant out to where it was below the mating area and that seemed to help I think. Maybe this will help another newb

1 - 3 of 3 Posts