Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I been searching around the web for some time about solutions for fixing a leaky top on a convertible 3G Eclipse, but I haven't found much. The only actual potential solutions I could find was involving Flex Seal, which I'm going to attempt to do in a few days, since this seemed to work on his 2G Eclipse (as far as I know, the soft tops aren't much different between 2G and 3G).

Although, I just wanted to see if I could get anymore feedback from people with this issue, or at least people with experience on the 3G Eclipse Convertible, what do you think I should do? The last thing I wanna do is replace the entire top anyways.

It's the factory roof by the way, so it's 17 years old, water leaks near the doors, so I'm assuming water collects and leaks thru the sides of the roof.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Needs a new top to start! then window seals that you can't get anymore!
Yeah I was afraid so, I'm planning on buying an entirely new top, but as far as the window seals go, I'm gonna firstly try and fix up my current window seals as best as I can, but if that doesn't work then I'll go look for aftermarkets... I like this car, everything about the car as far as functionality is great for the amount I bought it for, it did come with some serious issues but I recently addressed them, so now the main problem is the roof leakage... Hopefully buying a new top all together will fix this problem, hopefully I won't have to find new seals for it too and just use the ones I already have and fix them up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,

I been searching around the web for some time about solutions for fixing a leaky top on a convertible 3G Eclipse, but I haven't found much. The only actual potential solutions I could find was involving Flex Seal, which I'm going to attempt to do in a few days, since this seemed to work on his 2G Eclipse (as far as I know, the soft tops aren't much different between 2G and 3G).

Although, I just wanted to see if I could get anymore feedback from people with this issue, or at least people with experience on the 3G Eclipse Convertible, what do you think I should do? The last thing I wanna do is replace the entire top anyways.

It's the factory roof by the way, so it's 17 years old, water leaks near the doors, so I'm assuming water collects and leaks thru the sides of the roof.
Needs a new top to start! then window seals that you can't get anymore!
Hello,

Hi im wes,first timer.i have a garage of new mits parts and two complete tops as well as seals .i may b able to help.im in monrovia ca. 562 895 0312

1 - 5 of 5 Posts