Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am trying to change transmission fluid on my 03 OZ Lancer Automatic. Does anyone know what bolt I need to take off to drain the fluid and is there a filter that goes with the transmission fluid change or is this filter less process.. any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Ha, I just did this recently...

On the side of the transmission, when you are looking at the front of the car behind the driver side wheel is a 27mm bolt. Undo that, and drain the trans. The filter is not replaceable. Once it's drained out, tighten it back up, and put a funnel in the dipstick tube. Then, pour in about 4 qts. of trans fluid. Voila. Done.

Don't forget to check it in park while the car is running.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Originally posted by superfly78209@Sep 11 2006, 01:46 PM
but that doesnt drain all ur tranny fluid right, that's just a 50 percent change? you gotta pull some more hoses and stuff?
[snapback]66254[/snapback]​
Yeah, you need a flusher. We use a T-Tech transmission flusher at work that gets ALL of the fluid changed. It is acheived by pulling the trans cooler lines off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a 2006 Lancer, and would like to change the automatic transmission fluid. What type(s) of fluid are acceptable? I used synthetic fluid in my Nissan Altimas for years, but do not want to damage my Lancer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts