Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the timing belt and balance shaft belt both snapped and bound up into the crankshaft pulley system jamming it up valve cover taken off and oil pan taking off everything looks solid everything looks good can't see the valves obviously yet so I was trying to take the crankshaft pulley off to straighten off the flange tabs and to also get the balance shaft belt back and do the timing belt on and so I could check to see if there was any resistance or any valve bending and what has happened is that it broke my socket wrench everybody says use a breaker bar or a impact wrench I don't have either of those so I was just trying also having trouble keeping the crankshaft still but I did figure out a way to stop it from rotating but I'm wondering if I am spinning the bolt the wrong way is the bolt a reverse thread while looking at it directly and then also when I take the mounting bracket off of the left side so I can get the timing belt on how much pressure do I have to hold on the engine to keep it from falling on that side

1 - 1 of 1 Posts