Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a '04 Endeavor with 62,000 miles. I 've heard that it required some pretty serious maintenance at 60k. Anyone have any suggestions on how to find out what maintenance was at due 60k or how to tell if it was already done. My main concern is the timing belt. I'm waiting for my owner's manual to come, but I thought I'd check in here and see if anyone has any advice. I read something about a maintenance warning light............... I don't mind doing the maintenance, but I don't want to waste the money if it's already been done.

·
Registered
44 Posts
It might be good if you could get a hold of the maintenance record from the previous owner if you could otherwise you should probably throw in a new air cleaner filter, replace spark plugs, timing belt if it hasn't been done yet, change oil, transmission oil, cooler fluid, brakes if needed. The list goes on...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, thanks! I bought it at a dealership, so I don't have access to the previous owner. I thought I'd probably be able to find the 60k requirements somewhere online, but I haven't had any luck so far.OF COURSE, the dealership is pushing me to "Go ahead and do the whole package, just to be on the safe side." I was just hoping to get some honest advice from someone that won't benefit finacially from it! Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
the advice you got from the dealer IS the best advice. You have no way of knowing if its been taken care of, so do you want to gamble?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts