Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is an incredibly stupid thing to do, but I was out on an open country road on my way to a friends house and decided to try to top the car out. I got up to 132 mph with 1200rpm left till redline.........I know that there isnt a governor because I read that they are drag limited...which rulez... I'm guessing that It could probably do 140ish but I'm not going to try it because my tires are only rated to 130mph....and I love my car too much to try this stunt again.

Anyone else try this ? :innocent:

·
Registered
9 Posts
yeah i've tried it, but i was on the highway. it'll reach 136 mph before she stops pulling with a noticeable feel but that was a 5 to10 mile strecth and boy did it go by fast unfourtunately at about 90mph mines began to feel loose. if i hadn't been on the highway i'd lost my nerve. man a dirt road, you are brave.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didnt do it on a dirt road just a open road in the middle of nowwhere-u said that it stops pulling at 136 but will it do more ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had my(unmodded) 2003 Galant up to 152mph on the Autobahn in Germany, the car was rock solid even at that speed, you Yanks must have very inferior roads either that or MMC give you lot short thrift regards to your cars.

P.S. the book speed form my car was 134mph, go figure eh?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I love my car, one night on the cross island Parkway it was clear soo i gunned it, i got it to about 130 with plenty of rpm left b4 readline, I slowed down cause there was a little hill coming up, but lol I love the power and speed of this car

·
Registered
4 Posts
well i'm in Canada so its in KM lol and even tho ihave the ES with a 2.4L Mivec i had my thing moving at about 240 or cause it was past the last 220 km, but since the car is lowered and i have sweet sticky rubber can was solid and it took a while to get it up there since its a 160HP on a huge car... but at around 190-195km it almost stops pulling completely so i just had the foot down and waited it takes a while thats for sure ..

BUNJY

1 - 6 of 6 Posts