Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few days after buying outright for my Eclipse I didn't notice any of the flaws at the time because I was hasty to get my hands on something that I can drive and work on; and boy did I get to work on it. I have a basic 05 Eclipse GS with a fresh coat of paint with fresh pain in the ass problems.
When probing the fuses I first thought I damaged the electrical system because I did it wrong and had a bit of a freak out because of the car going haywire, however wasn't quite why. I had a mechanic look at and diagnose the Eclipse and it turned out that my car was low on battery charge because of a at the time unknown issue it had. The door lock will unlock it self simply by either opening the door or merely hitting it with light force!! I can't say for sure if it's the actuator or the wiring from the engine bay to the door it self which is causing the issue; but my mechanic will be coming over today to further investigate this issue.
Has anyone else run into this? How did you fix it? Suggestions?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Upon further investigation it was due to the thing that unlocks both the driver and passenger side door when you turn the key. Once removed I can no longer open both doors by unlocking the driver door manually. Not a big deal, and a cheap and easy replacement when I go to the junk yard and pull one from a gen 3 eclipse. What was noticable was that when my car was repainted before being sold to me is that they did not mount the wire properly that holds up the door key thing and was getting snagged by the window. Caution that if you are going to undo something then set it back up right; otherwise you may unintentionally destroy the wires.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts