Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to add another 10 or 12 inch sub to my trunk, but I don't know if I'm going to need to get another amp to either power the new one separate or power them both together off the new amp? Also, I don't know whether I use a new amp if I'll still be able to control the bass settings for the subs through the mitsubishi head unit/navigation...

So, my question is does anyone know what kind of amp came stock with the GTS that is powering the 10 inch rockford fosgate sub? And do you think it will be powerful enough to power two of them?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't know for sure myself, but I remember reading somewhere that the amp under the seat will NOT be able to power any more subs. You would have to buy a seperate amp for a new sub and get it coordinated with the stock system. I'm not sure what kind of amp is in the lancer because I don't own one. But like I said before it should be located under the front passenger seat.

·
Registered
969 Posts
the stock amp is 650w, its in ur manual and on ur window sticker when u bought the car. It powers up all of your speakers and the sub. So the answer to your question is a big NO. It will underpower your additional sub, as well as underpower all speakers and stock sub.

read here on second page:

http://www.mitsubishi-forums.com/t30623-st...ound-system.htm

·
Registered
220 Posts
The stock amp wont be able to power another sub (additional)
Recently i went to a speaker shop,where i asked them to quote me a price for another additional 10" woofer,they told me i will have to add another amp if i were to add another woofer which i believe is the same case as yours.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a gts M/T with the RF sub.. I added 2 12"s RF;s also, all you need to do is buy your subs and a sony xplode amp from walmart (its black), the amp comes with a feature to have high currancy imputs instead of the AV cables(which the NAVI and also the stock radio in the GTS dont have).. all you do is take the 4 wires coming off of your RF sub in the truck(L&R wires) splice them and hook the 4 wires into the high input currancy wires which come with the amp. Hook up a a hot wire and ground wire and your done no need for a remote the high currancy speaker wires act as your remote and will shut the amp off if u have the car off. If you need anymore help feel free to email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey i want to do the same thing but o want to get a the same stock sub that we already have in the trunk to the other side i like the way it looks plus its small ANyone know where can i get one

·
Registered
1 Posts
im looking to splice into those wires to be able to hook up my Jl Audio 500/1 Amp with my Jl Audio 12w6v2 subwoofer to get some real bass going on. where are those wires located in the vehical? sry if it seems noobish question not familiar with these cars yet. just picked up my 09 wednesday. and how good will this quality sound compared to using an aftermarket deck with dedicated rca connections.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Guys help smile.gif, i just bought a Lancer GTS 2009 with the sound package, but i don't like how it sounds i mean the sound is good but the thing is that it looks like the Amplifier doesn't have crossover. So i went to a couple of shop to get a new amplifier but they said that they cant do anything because its an OEM system. I mean i don't care about the stock amplifier and i don't care about the stock subwoofer neither what i don't want to lose it is the Navi radio. Any suggestions guys? thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone have a stock amp for the fosgate system that they would be willing to sell, The amplifier in my 09 Lancer suffered water damage from a previous owner... If not anyone have suggestions where to get a used one?

·
Registered
235 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tambo317 @ Jul 7 2009, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Does anyone have a stock amp for the fosgate system that they would be willing to sell, The amplifier in my 09 Lancer suffered water damage from a previous owner... If not anyone have suggestions where to get a used one?[/b]
mitsu dealership is the only place unless u find a wrecked 08+ lancer in a junk yard. thats gonna be highly unlikely.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nope the stock rf amp will not be powerful enough to run a second sub.
You can install a second one underneath the other seat
or better
go buy another amp that has more wattage, there are lots out there that are the same size, and just replace the one you have

·
Registered
542 Posts
The stock RF amplifier powers the speakers and the subwoofer. Its 650 watts max, which means that's a total lie. I think the amp probably puts out a max true wattage of 200 watts. Just switch the amp out for a 5 channel amplifier, or add another amp to the passenger seat underneath. The MTX REQ5 will give you great sound quality when adding amps to a stock headunit

1 - 12 of 12 Posts