Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone-
I have an 08 lancer with stock stereo. Noted that the speaker pods in the corners of the doors (for tweeters) appear to be pre-wired for sound. Can anyone confirm a tweeter install on these? Wondering if it is plug and play, or if they still need to be wired to the head. Seems like this would be a piece of cake and a great improvement to the sound.
Thanks in advance for the replies.
Dave :grin:

·
Registered
340 Posts
The gts comes with tweeters rite by the front edge of the door. If there are wires there...I would guess that they would be prewired to the head.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Originally posted by chetman7@Jun 13 2007, 08:53 PM
The gts comes with tweeters rite by the front edge of the door.  If there are wires there...I would guess that they would be prewired to the head.
[snapback]100667[/snapback]​
If there aren't tweeters already in there, they are usually run off the door speakers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The tweeter pods in my ES are prewired (there are wires in there) I am just looking for confirmation that they are actually prewired to the head... :huh:

·
Registered
229 Posts
There's an easy way to find out. All you need is a clock/radio. Just touch the wires to the speaker in the clock radio while your stereo is on and if music comes out then go buy some nice tweeters. Thank for asking the question though cause' I was thinking the same thing. :clap:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bumping a REALLY OLD thread. Been checking lately if this was possible on my Lancer 09 SE. Now I have my answer. What piece (tweeter) I should check for and how is this installable?

Thanks

·
Registered
542 Posts
I think they are 1 inch tweeters, so you would go online and find a pair of your choosing. As for the install I am not sure, I know most come with mounting hardware but you may need to do slight modifications.

·
Registered
584 Posts
You will have to install them like a sanwich. With the speaker being in the middle. A screw from the back side tightens usually and pulls the front cap flush to the outside surface, with the speaker in between

Unless you have the GTS with the metallic speaker pods, you will have to manually cut a circle and mess around with it to make them look nice on the stock
"looks like theres a tweeter there, but there isnt" mounts lol. Its a pain in the ass, BUT WELL WORTH IT!

Full Infinity Kappa Perfect setup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts