Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 08 Outlander SE with 2k miles which I'm loving so far...

However, I noticed that when the sunroof is open in the 'vent' position it rattles while driving at lower speeds (30-40 mph).

Also, when the rear windows are open about an inch, they also rattle.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

I realize I'm rolling on 18" wheels and the suspension can be a bit harsh over anything that's not smooth as glass but it doesn't seem right when the fit and finish for the rest of the car seems very good quality.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I don't have a sunroof but I know for some cars its an issue - no matter the make - I think the Lexus IS250 has this issue.

Anyway, the rear windows do rattle when wound down an inch or two - heard the fix is to tighten the rubber - but I don't think that wil help with the tinting...

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have the 08 and yes i have a rattle too when i drive.
also when i put the music on ( i have the 650 W with the sub )
all the plastic rattle a lot

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have an 08 ES and found there's a rattle coming from an interesting place. Its the metal license plate in the back banging against the plastic license plate frame I have it in. The frame has slots the license plate is supposed to fit in, but its a loose fit and the rattle comes from the metal plate hitting the plastic frame. I also get the rattle when closing the back tailgate.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Originally posted by azjake@Jul 30 2008, 07:58 AM
I have an 08 ES and found there's a rattle coming from an interesting place.  Its the metal license plate in the back banging against the plastic license plate frame I have it in.  The frame has slots the license plate is supposed to fit in, but its a loose fit and the rattle comes from the metal plate hitting the plastic frame.  I also get the rattle when closing the back tailgate.
[snapback]187978[/snapback]​
Same here. In fact its an issue with all our cars! I was thinking about putting some blu-tack under the plate at the bottom where it isn't screwed... but whether that will damage the paint I don't know..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts