Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i've been to 2 Mitsubishi dealerships and one local mechanic to figure out this issue.
So last year i was rear ended and after having my bumper replaced the lancer shortly after threw codes for P0461 and P0463 with a service engine soon and a picture of the gas tank. Also the cluster reads a constant 0 gas reading, even after i fill up.

-first Mitsubishi said replace the fuel gauge. After service codes didn't clear and CES light still on. Then the mechanic recommended the Instrument cluster. at a $1200 repair cost. I said no thanks

-Went to another Mitsubishi dealer for a second opinion in which they thought maybe it was just the fuel sensor, replaced that but still nothing, then he recommended replacing the instrument cluster.

-Finally went to a local mechanic and had him check all the wiring and connection's near the fuel gauge. They said they all were connected and good. (idk how well they looked into this)
they then replaced the instrument cluster and still nothing.
The new instrument cluster reads 0 gas and illuminates the CES with the fuel tank picture.

I am hesitant to take it back to Mitsubishi after 2 mis diagnosis. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
1,674 Posts
The only way to find the fault is probably to find someone with a volt meter willing to go over all the wiring for the fuel gauge. The higher end scan tools I think should also be able to read things like the fuel level from the ECM.

Essentially though volt meter to the dash cluster to see if a signal is even being sent to the custer, If there is a signal then there could be a similar problem with the new cluster. If no signal then cluster could be OK and you need to work backwards. ECM isn't sending a signal so is the ECM damaged or is it no receiving a signal etc.

Did anyone actually open the tank to make sure the float etc wasn't damaged in the impact?

·
Registered
1 Posts
i too have the same issue

has anyone figured out how to resolve this? The exact same description as in the 1st post

except for the bumper replacement part(which means an impact may have messed with the float?), a car did back into my front end, no visible damage, but the car did jolt)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts