Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wat is this thing about 10 ohm in-line resistors in the fuel system, does it help anything, if so.. does anyone know how to do it, if so can u give me a intructions how to do it?

I have a lancer OZ 2003 by the way

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Why would you want to do that?

Is this one of those performance chips on ebay for $10, which is just a resistor (that you can get a Radio Shack for 50 cents) that you splice into the Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor. On the Lancer, the IAT sensor is part of the Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor.

I tried this on another vehicle, didn't make a difference.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was reading it on some other forum site for lancers.. but i didnt feel like joinin another one so i was asking around here.. i have no clue what it ..

·
Registered
51 Posts
A buddy of mine put one of these on his old Ford Ranger. Unless I'm mistaken, all it really does is dump more fuel into the engine, and, afaik, I dont think that really makes too much of a difference, and what dosent burn will just build up crap inside the engine. In this day of $4+ for a gallon of gas, I hardly think a mod (if you really want to call it that) like this is really an advisable decision.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would advise against getting something like that. Like Him said above it really is not worth it. Your better off getting an exhaust system and CAI or short ram intake they will be worth your money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts