Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

first time posting in this group.

We have a 14’ outlander with the 3.0 litre also all wheel drive. On the next brake job I will have to replace/ repair the two rear calipers.
Last time I done the brakes the few local auto parts places like Napa gave me the wrong caliper twice. The calipers on this one have a mechanical parking brake behind the piston. The ones they were giving me never had any parking brake.
The shops couldn’t find the right part anywhere and when one finally did the one caliper was going to cost 600+dollars which is out to lunch.
Anybody run into this issue ? I was thinking of just getting a caliper rebuild kit but I’m not having any luck in finding that either.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

first time posting in this group.

We have a 14’ outlander with the 3.0 litre also all wheel drive. On the next brake job I will have to replace/ repair the two rear calipers.
Last time I done the brakes the few local auto parts places like Napa gave me the wrong caliper twice. The calipers on this one have a mechanical parking brake behind the piston. The ones they were giving me never had any parking brake.
The shops couldn’t find the right part anywhere and when one finally did the one caliper was going to cost 600+dollars which is out to lunch.
Anybody run into this issue ? I was thinking of just getting a caliper rebuild kit but I’m not having any luck in finding that either.

Thanks
Did you ever get an answer to this? I am looking to change the rear calipers on my ‘14 Outlander and not having good luck finding the correct parts. I believe there is some confusion in all of the stores records between the sport and standard outlander.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts