Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 4 speed 4g32 in a 73 colt 16L. i want upgrade to a 5 speed wat boxes fit fit in without any modifications, i have found many l200 gearboxes will these bolt straight on and with the shifter be in the same place?

·
Premium Member
3,979 Posts
As to my knowledge , 1972-80Mitsubishi Lancer's/Celestes/Galants should be a direct bolt on with same shifter position , The L200 will has a diffrent extension shaft than the others and is on some models vary in extension housing length. making it hard to bolt up and fit the rear transmission cross member.

·
Premium Member
3,979 Posts
My estimate of ones that i have seen in the past even back to 79 were FWD and some AWD models. It uses an engine like the Colt in some models but in FWD form. Yur most likelly candidates are the ones mentioned . Yu can try up to 85 Sigma's or Eternas using the 1.6 and very well 84 on the otehr models , i think they are RWD to that year and use a range of 4cyl engines. But most of them got 5 speeds around 77 . Yu can attempt a look at the L200 but measure the tranny if yu can , but the tail section is various lengths on teh body type.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts