Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on a 87 Montero that hesitates on acceleration. I bought it with an electric fuel pump downstream of the original mechanical fuel pump. As it was the engine ran but on acceleration took a dive as you started to push on the throttle and then would stall. I took the electric pump off and replaced the old mechanical one with a new one. Seems to run better but still stalled so I messed around with the SAS 3 screw and I can run it around without stalling but it still hesitates. My question is what should I be looking for? I'm not familiar with Carburetors but the troubleshooting sections I've looked at in the Haynes manual and another service manual I have say to look at adjusting the carburetor or the ignition timing. For some context the previous owner changed the fuel filter and added that electric pump that I have since taken off, but they also changed the spark plugs and their wires. My only concern is that he said he messed with the adjustment screws when putting in the electric pump. Should I focus more on the adjustment screws or be looking somewhere else?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts