Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I grabbed this colt like around a month ago and starter motor died already. It might be because of me I think I was pushing too hard ignition, one day it just stopped and some smoke come out of the starter motor. So I wanna take it out but before that I gotta lift the car as I couldnt reach the starter motor from the bonnet.

Can anyone help me locate the jacking points. I have 2 jack stands up to 6Tonnes, I am also quite newbie, thats why some super basic
questions, but I wanna make sure, Ideally I wouldnt like to die trying to fix this.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Window
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting

based on the manual, I m guessing the front Jacking points are these:

Front Jack point, based on the manual but it is a bit vague on the manual so I wanna make sure if this is the right one:
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Helmet

Rear Jacking Point
Tire Wheel Water Vehicle Car

Are these correct, does anyone who knows this car can confirm?

This is the starter motor, where I m going to reach to you can barely see it between some cables:
Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas Auto part Nut

Latest Update:
Does this look good enough to you?

Motor vehicle Hood Fender Automotive exterior Gas

I am going to put the other side on the jack points the same way as this one. I am honestly still scared of going under the car, another thing I might do is put like spare tyres under the tyres, just in case.

Update:

So these jack points are all correct. I was able to lift and go under the car however I wasnt able to reach to the starter motor Bolts to take it out. It seemed almost impossible. I don't know what to do at this point other than take it to a mechanic

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay Update on this:

Jack points were all good but I couldnt remove the starter myself. Didnt have long sockets and seemed almost impossible to me. So I just towed it to a mechanic next door took him only 10 mins to remove the starter and replace it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts