Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought 1990 2.0 GTi-16v 4wd 4ws galant 2 months ago, 2 weeks ago i got it on the run and it has been working properly, it had been stayed on its place for 1 year during the winter and wet seasons before that.

3 days ago i returned from my work and next day was about to go to work again and suddenly it didnt start, already checked all fuses and took off battery for 1 minute. But now i think i located the problem, check engine light is never on? Atleast it was in manual that it should be on when power is on.

I checked the error codes but its totally blank, before it was blinking like it should be when everything is ok.

Have anyone any idea what could be the problem?

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
The check engine light should always come on when you turn the car to acc. and then go out once the engine starts.No light could be a sign that bulb is gone,as it should stay constantly on if the connected sensors are disconnected

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, i know it should come on when acc is turned on and problem itself is not the check engine light, but that the car doesnt start.

It would be quite a coincidence that the bulb would get broken at the same time that car...

I think that the problem could be with ECU? Where is it even located?

Any help would is more than welcome...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Originally posted by lipaslepo@Jul 30 2007, 01:02 AM
Yes, i know it should come on when acc is turned on and problem itself is not the check engine light, but that the car doesnt start.

It would be quite a coincidence that the bulb would get broken at the same time that car...

I think that the problem could be with ECU? Where is it even located?

Any help would is more than welcome...
[snapback]106285[/snapback]​

Have you checked to see if you get spark or fuel yet? Does it crank and not start, or just not crank at all? It could be the ecu, which is on the right side kick panel under the dash. Is it a VR4 or a GSX?

·
Registered
3 Posts
hello,

you can be for 99 % sure that its your ECU. A friend of mine had this problem too. No check engine light, never. And at one day, the car wouldn't start anymore. We checked EVERYTHING, then he came up with that fact.(that the check engine light, never went on)We placed a ECU from a car he had for spare parts, and he worked perfectly again. By the way, Open your ECU up. One of the parts inside that ECU is leaking, i am willing to bet for that, for almost 99 %. Every ECU from the 6G galant, starts leaking, when is hard to say, but it WILL happen, you can count on that. Check this picture, about what happens, when your parts of the ECU leak:

picture leaking

Its a common problem, and wel know, within the (at least the dutch), galant community.

I think thats your problem.

By the way, i heard this, from this leaking part of the ECU also about 1,5 months ago. But i checked mine ECU and it's leaking to(galant 2.0 GTI 16V).
So check it!

There's someone on this forum, who fixes those ECU's, wich are leaking! Use the search.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts